Game changer, changed the whole dynamic of my bike!

chawkins2001

Registered
So I wanted to give feedback to the group on what a HUGE difference this mod made. Before I installed this last mod, my bike has the following:
-1 front sprocket change
Moore Mafia tune
Sprint filter
Full exhaust
Drag tire in the rear
Healtech speedo calibrator

Last, I installed the Healtech Quickshifter, GD that modification took the bike to the next level. The shift is so fast and smooth, and makes the bike feel way more raw. I highly recommend the quick shifter, you stay wide open throttle and just hit the gear selector. It's so fast you can barely feel it. Highly recommended. The exhaust tips flame on the upshift visible at night.

My final mod will be the carbon fibre light weight wheels and ceramic wheel bearings.

So I wanted to give feedback to the group on what a HUGE difference this mod made. Before I installed this last mod, my bike has the following:
-1 front sprocket change
Moore Mafia tune
Sprint filter
Full exhaust
Drag tire in the rear

Last, I installed the Healtech Quickshifter, GD that modification took the bike to the next level. The shift is so fast and smooth, and makes the bike feel way more raw. I highly recommend the quick shifter, you stay wide open throttle and just hit the gear selector. It's so fast you can barely feel it. Highly recommended. The exhaust tips flame on the upshift visible at night.

My final mod will be the carbon fibre light weight wheels and ceramic wheel bearings.
Never thought I had a user for a quickshifter until I put the healtech in mine and realized how much I like it :thumbsup:

i had the HM QShifter - lasted 70,000 miles till it broke

i had a few missed shifts with QS (should have hit it harder) when i took gearbox apart for engine build. i had to change a couple of gears due to badly knarled dogs

i have ditched fitting another - i just use clutchless up and that is enough for me
plus i never miss gears using this method, oh and the Pro Evo shift star helps

-1 front sprocket change
Moore Mafia tune
Sprint filter
Full exhaust
Drag tire in the rear

do you have to be in high rev range for it to change smoothly?

You're going the wrong way, lol
Rule of thumb
-1 front equals +3 rear
and vice versa
A -1 front puts your top speed, roughly mid to high 170's mph, and the rpms up by around 600 than previously at the same speed.
(also this what the gearing is capable of, the bike, rider, and conditions are big variables).
Going up another tooth on the rear will make a small difference. It usually takes 2 or 3 teeth on a rear sprocket to feel the difference, you can with one, but it's minimal. The top speed would drop another 5-8ish mph, rpms up another 200 or so, maybe a little buzzy at highway speeds in certain rpm ranges.
But, much more aggressive acceleration and wheelies(highly recomended:D)
If you want to go 200mph+, you need a -2 rear sprocket, which should be good for 203mph. A +1 front would allow for even higher speed, in the 2teens, but without a power adder(turbo, sc, nos), you won't have the hp to reach those speeds.
The faster you go, the harder it becomes to continue to go faster.
If you have mirrors, you'll need to remove them, as they cause alot of drag at high speeds.
You can also go 202-203mph with Stock gearing...if you go to a taller rear tire.
Stock rear tire is 190/50/17
If you switch to a 190/55/17
The taller tire effectively creates a gearing change, less acceleration, higher top speed, and most commonly for, better handling, faster steering and corner tip in.
How much height difference varies some, as all tire models vary some in actual size vs brand and model.
But it is enough height change to accomplish what you want, and is basically free, as you have to have tires, swap the rear to a 55 when you need to replace it.

Love my Healtec quickshifter. Only ridden a couple times but it makes it so you can’t even think of racing without one.

Eventually I’ll go to air shifter tied to my shift light to auto shift for me but that’s adding a lot of things to break and fiddle with.

Back