Galfer pads?

SAMBUSA

TATTOO'D WHITE TRASH
Donating Member
Registered
Good or bad? Been using EBC HH, but was doing some shopping and found Galfers cheaper. Opinions plz

Stick with EBC HH's...or?...Stock Pads....heard a few cases of galfer pads eat'in rotors over the years...some may've been application errors...matching the pad compounds to the variety of Ductile Iron or SS base material rotors...know this...saving a few bucks on pads could cost ya quite e few hundred replacing rotors.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Thanks for the info.  Got custom rotors and don't wanna ruin them. Can't find rear EBCs?

<!--EDIT|Black Bird Killer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143324561 -->

0103062115__2_.jpg

You couldn't pay me to run those rotors. They are for looks only, not for using. I mean I suppose I could run one on the back cause I never use it. But seriously, did the company do any testing? Any metal fatigue studies? I doubt they did and with the shape and sharpness of some of those cuts, all I can see is rotor coming apart and killing me at 150mph... No thank you...

As for the pads bro, I've been loving the EBC HH. While they are a bit grabby initially, their feel and power are awesome.

You couldn't pay me to run those rotors.  They are for looks only, not for using.  I mean I suppose I could run one on the back cause I never use it.  But seriously, did the company do any testing?  Any metal fatigue studies?  I doubt they did and with the shape and sharpness of some of those cuts, all I can see is rotor coming apart and killing me at 150mph...  No thank you...

As for the pads bro, I've been loving the EBC HH.  While they are a bit grabby initially, their feel and power are awesome.
+1...true story...outsdie of chroming them up for shows?...those rotors....well?...enough said.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

You couldn't pay me to run those rotors.  They are for looks only, not for using.  I mean I suppose I could run one on the back cause I never use it.  But seriously, did the company do any testing?  Any metal fatigue studies?  I doubt they did and with the shape and sharpness of some of those cuts, all I can see is rotor coming apart and killing me at 150mph...  No thank you...

As for the pads bro, I've been loving the EBC HH.  While they are a bit grabby initially, their feel and power are awesome.
+1...true story...outsdie of chroming them up for shows?...those rotors....well?...enough said.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Interesting comments. Have heard good things about them locally. Will let ya know how they work out.

I'm using the Galfer "greens". A little easier on the rotors than the metallics, not as much initial bite, a little noisy, but stop well. Might be a good fit for those fancy rotors.

Call me crazy, but I always believe in matched components. If you bought a new set of EBC rotors then run their pads. Stock rotors get stock suzi pads. Galfer rotors, get the Galfer pads.

I just bought a full set of Galfers and without a second thought bought the matched rotors. It's a no brainer imo.. To each his own though.

Call me crazy, but I always believe in matched components. If you bought a new set of EBC rotors then run their pads. Stock rotors get stock suzi pads. Galfer rotors, get the Galfer pads.

I just bought a full set of Galfers and without a second thought bought the matched rotors. It's a no brainer imo.. To each his own though.
+1

Back