Galfer brake lines -- MAKE A DIFFERENCE

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I have to admit I wasn't a believer.. I have heard over and over that Galfer lines make the brakes better, after the first 50 times all I heard was wah wah wah wah wah wa wa....

BUT

I listened and reluctantly bought a set of Galfers thanks to Cycle Brakes to put on the bike.... Uncle Steve and I met up at his house this morning about 9:30 and planned on changing my lines to Galfer and he he a set of Hel's he won at the stampede.

We did my bike first and when the lines were all bled I went out for a test ride, I got to the end of the drive and tapped the brakes to make sure they still worked (they did) and I went down Steve's street... I grabbed a handful of brake and and it stopped, I kept doing this over and over each time hitting the lever more aggressively and man did it make a big difference... I came back and told Steve to take it out, he came back and said the same thing...

We put his lines on his bike and he took it for a drive, he came back and was as shocked as I was on the change, once he felt it on his own bike he was able to really see the change...

I know I know some say that the lines don't do anything but I will tell you that they do....

Pretty incredible to tell you the truth, when I applied the brakes they stayed firm and the more I squeezed the faster I stopped (I think they are supposed to work that way) but I never felt the brakes give or get spongy....

Several of our sponsors sell Galfers and other brake lines so if your looking to buy check the out....

Last edited:
Welcome to the club finally :thumbsup::thumbsup: The difference is because you no longer have the rubber hoses expanding and stealling pressure from the calipers.

Welcome to the club finally :thumbsup::thumbsup: .

That deserves a knowing chuckle there Doug. :laugh:

When I added braided lines to my busa, it felt like a brand new bike.

I used to think that whole one-fingered braking thing was a complete myth. :laugh:

Yes there is no doubt that they make a big difference. I only had a few rides on my bike before I put the braided lines on. More control and much more firm. Very good upgrade.

To be honest the brake change was as big a difference as when I added my GPR a few weeks ago. I was hesitant on a new stabilizer but the more I ride the more I am amazed...

cap

Yep - add me in here - I installed some Goodridge braided lines and love 'em! :thumbsup:

Michelle has a set of lines for the front brakes that I need to install...

I agree that the change by adding Galfer's lines is amazing, now put a set of EBC HH's on and it gets even better! Like BW said, welcome to the club. :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree that the change by adding Galfer's lines is amazing, now put a set of EBC HH's on and it gets even better! Like BW said, welcome to the club. :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Get the Extreme Pro pads, they are twice what the HH's are !

Posted via Mobile Device
:thumbsup: That's the set up I'm running, only I have Galfer HH pads 1375 compound I believe.

I'm its not just the galfer brake lines. Any stainless steel reinforce line will do the same.

I was going to order a set. But since getting laid off. I chose to save the money for eating. lol

Last edited:
Braided steel brake lines make a huge improvement in the feel of your brakes. :beerchug: Brake lines are always one of the first upgrades I make to any bike. Now you can spend the next 11 years considering -2 vs. -3 lines :laugh:

What's up Cap, you getting lazy in your old age and pulling that stock lever is just way too much effort? :poke:

Just kidding my man, just kidding!

Steel brake lines don't really improve your brakes but do improve feel. I agree with GixxerHP, if you upgrade the pads spend a few more bucks on the EBC HH Extreme Pro's. They are no more aggressive than the cheaper HH's but the feel is greatly improved. Money well spent. They have a nice long life for street use.

Good upgrade. I have galfer lines on every bike. I wish Galfer made the Super Bike lines for the busa but for some reason they don't.

This is no joke. They do improve the stopping power. I had braided lines on my bike when I purchased it, not long after I added the HH pads and almost dumped it the first time out because they bit so hard. You can really feather and feel brake response.

Tufbusa said:
What's up Cap, you getting lazy in your old age and pulling that stock lever is just way too much effort? :poke:

Just kidding my man, just kidding!

Steel brake lines don't really improve your brakes but do improve feel. I agree with GixxerHP, if you upgrade the pads spend a few more bucks on the EBC HH Extreme Pro's. They are no more aggressive than the cheaper HH's but the feel is greatly improved. Money well spent. They have a nice long life for street use.

Good upgrade. I have galfer lines on every bike. I wish Galfer made the Super Bike lines for the busa but for some reason they don't.

I added the galfer pads too :)

How much do they cost and how difficult is the install?

Sean, Galfer has MAP price rules so prices should be about the same wherever you look. $90 for front, $50 for rear, $53 on the matched clutch line. Platinum is considered a custom color so a bit more for that. All other colors are free. :easy:

Once they're installed, this one is helpful too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back