Fw Sprocket Cover Broke (scared The Heck Out Of Me)

pmr.jpg

These guys build a heavy duty replacement sprocket cover . . .

Thank you all for your replies! She is a totally stock 07 black edition with 20000 km on the clock. almost new! And this is my first problem! The speedo needle bounces like crazy!

Clean the speed sensor, if that does not fix it, replace the sensor.
It may have gotten damaged with the cover

Mine did the same thing a few years back. Made no sense to me why. No other damage. No known reason why it happened. Replaced, never an issue again. No clue.

It was the same for me. All of a sudden the speedo acting crazy and went to zero. Biek was going down the road and did nothing else odd. I pulled ovr and saw it basically was disintegrating.

To remove the slave cylinder you must remove it from the cover, and to do that you must remove the Bleeder bolt as well as the Hydraulic line!
Not unless the cylinder pops out.
Never hurts to check/bleed it though.

To remove the slave cylinder you must remove it from the cover, and to do that you must remove the Bleeder bolt as well as the Hydraulic line!

I see now its a gen1.
From memory, the gen2 cylinder will pop out if you pull the clutch with the cover off.
Either way, it's a true and general statement.
Unless you have a leak(assuming you have good lever feel and the clutch is functioning properly), you shouldn't need to bleed it...unless the slave cylinder pops out.
Not every bike's I've seen is snap-ringed or bolted in.

Back