Future new owner

SSCOBRA03

Registered
Hello all, great site, I am going up to San Antonio tomorrow to look at a white/silver 09 model.

How comfortable is the busa for taller riders, I am 6'2. Also, has anyone installed heli bars and if so, how do you like them.

Thanks,

Scott

:welcome: to the oRg. Buy the bike and put 5K on it before you do any mods, such as helibars. :thumbsup:

I have helibars, but I am not that wild about them.
They are okay when you tuck in, and they provide a different riding position.
But I do not like trying to park the bike and having my knuckles hitting the mirrors before I am even all the way turned. I am only 6.0" tall with med hands and they hit when doing this.
The real reason is I paid a lot for very little outcome, and I am a tightwad. My "A" is so tight, when I fart only dogs can hear it.
Just my two cents and if I had two more I would buy the mirror extensions a get rid of the problem.
Bubba

Oh and :welcome: to the ORG, have fun and alway ride safe.

Welcome. As you can already see, there is lots of great info available here on a dog's frequency range of hearing. Oh, and some busa stuff too. :laugh:

I did the genmar risers befor I found out I was ridding the bike wrong. I am 5'11" and it didn't help with the hands falling asleep. Just don't grip the bars tight, relax your shoulders, ride with your arms bent a little, and use you legs and lower back to hold your self up. It takes a little getting use to but you will become acustom to it qucikly.

Now take the money you saved and buy mirror extentions so you can see around your shoulders. I think a lot of the taller riders have this issue, me included.

Hello all, great site, I am going up to San Antonio tomorrow to look at a white/silver 09 model.

How comfortable is the busa for taller riders, I am 6'2. Also, has anyone installed heli bars and if so, how do you like them.

Thanks,

Scott

hey, im 6'7'' and i have heli bars and love them.
Also, I JUST installed buell pegs today (i rode 7000 miles without them) and i have to ask myself.. WHY THE HELL did i wait so long....
you MUST get buell pegs

Thanks,

Scott

Welcome to the OrG!!

Back