Future Busa

RadioRider

Registered
I have had my Busa' for 5 months now - and I'm still loving every second with it. But as I have never kept a vehicle over 2 years in my entire life, I was wondering about the future of the Hayabusa model.

Is their plans for an update?

If so, what do we know about it?

I also recently found an article in "Motor Cyclist" Magazine that had a god-awful looking B-concept Suzuki featuring a supercharged Busa' 1300 kickin' out over 230hp. Is Suzukia planning on offering that engine in a future Busa'
rock.gif
?

Please help me! I'm a DJ and Program Director at 4 radio stations and I have very little time to research and find out cool things about my beloved Busa.

THANKS!!

OK, I'm guessing from the lack of response to my question that either...

1) Nobody knows

or...

2) Everbody knows and I'm a dumbass

Either way, I would love to get the scoop.

I have had my Busa' for 5 months now - and I'm still loving every second with it.  But as I have never kept a vehicle over 2 years in my entire life, I was wondering about the future of the Hayabusa model.

Is their plans for an update?

If so, what do we know about it?

I also recently found an article in "Motor Cyclist" Magazine that had a god-awful looking B-concept Suzuki featuring a supercharged Busa' 1300 kickin' out over 230hp.  Is Suzukia planning on offering that engine in a future Busa'
rock.gif
?

Please help me!  I'm a DJ and Program Director at 4 radio stations and I have very little time to research and find out cool things about my beloved Busa.

THANKS!!
Nobody has mentioned any major changes to the Busa. Certainly, the changes for 2003 are very minor. I suppose sooner or later they will make some changes, but for now they are riding the wave.

Not that I'm upset that there is no major changes coming really soon; But I figured with the bulk of sport bikes getting complete makeovers every 2-3 years that there would be and all new Busa soon. Plus, (and don't get mad at me for saying this) if you add in the fact that the GSX 1000, the new R1, and especially the new ZX12 are nipping at the performance heels of the busa - it could be in danger of losing it's performance king title.

No offense taken. But I would have to ask what changes they are making to the ZX or the R1?

Suzuki is riding a good thing. For me its cool, cause soon as they make major changes, the value of our bikes will drop. Right now, my '01 is virtually the same as an '03 except for miles. That works for me.

Whatever plan Suzuki has for the 'busa, they're doing a good job of keeping it under wraps because I don't think anyone on this board has an idea.  There have been rumors of 'busas with lower speed restrictions, but other than that, I've heard nothing.  
There's some pretty sharp guys on this board, and noone has said anything about future busa's on this board, or even on several other busa boards.  Suzuki is definitely keeping their plans close to the vest.  Hope this helps, but I think the only people that can really answer your question work for Suzuki and they ain't talkin.

I mention the new R1 because with it's improved aerodynamics and increased power - it's creeping into the superbike performance realm (still behind the GSX 1000 in raw power though)

and I mention the ZX12 because with it's recent re-do it has truly become the first bike to actually compete with the Busa' since its introduction. (some say the ZX is a better track bike)

I myself am so impressed with my own Busa' that if they did introduce a new model - I would be in my dealership with cash in hand. When it comes down to it, there are alot of great sport bikes in the market - but there's just nothing quite like our 1300s'.

Back