Fuse keeps blowing and knocking my gauges out

matto4444

Registered
I have 4300 miles on my 09 Busa and the fuse that all my gauges and display has blown for the 3rd time today. Its just annoying has anyone else had the same problem? Anything I need to worry about or just change it again and wait for it to happen again? Thanks

I dont have HIDs. It has blown 3 or 4 more fuses since I posted this. It seems to be happening more often now. Anyone have any clue what I need to do to fix this. I just hate to take it to a shop and have them spend all day trying to fix it. I got pulled over the other night on my way home from work because it went out and it takes my tail light out as well..

Bike year?
Mods?
Miles?
Has the bike been crashed? If so what was the damage?

Not saying this is your issue, but there was a recall on the 08's concerning a wire harness, you might check into that.

Have you removed the mudflap? What did you do with the wires for the liscense plate. If you just cut them and wrapped them this will cause your symptom your describing. Also i have seen HID ballast cause this.

I havent done any mods except for an exhaust on the bike. I havent removed the mud flap so it must be a ground short. Anybody know what I should do to try and fix it? Should I just start by taking the tail light off and going through the wires and see if there is a kinked wire or anything of that nature? I live 3 hours from the closest Suzuki shop.

I would start with the tail light and rear cowl. It will be much easier to see a fault in the wires there. Also, there is a wiring diagram in the back of the Gen II service manual that would be helpful in identifying the color of wires you are looking for.

I have 4300 miles on my 09 Busa and the fuse that all my gauges and display has blown for the 3rd time today. Its just annoying has anyone else had the same problem? Anything I need to worry about or just change it again and wait for it to happen again? Thanks
Are you the original owner? And if so you've touched nothing electrical on the bike whatsoever? And if you bought it used is there any chance the owner before you did anything electrical to the bike? Its very rare to have a new, bone stock bike have this kind of problem without something being changed. If you are the original owner and nothing electrical has been changed, then you don't have a known starting point, so you'll just have to be thorough and take your time tracking down the problem.
Electrical gremlins can be the most frustrating problems to find :banghead:

Easiest way to check this is......
Digital Multi Meter with a Tone for continuity.
Place one probe in the fuse holder for which ever one is blowing. (make sure touch the correct side of the fuse holder/ the side going out to the source, NOT the supply side) If your not sure, turn the key on and use your meter to see which side you have the 12VDC on)
Place the other probe on a ground.

Start twisting, tugging pulling your wire harness from the fuse panel back or from the tail light up till you hear the tone go off from your meter.

did the 09 have the rectifier recall? if so look at where the wires are ran, theres some threads out there about dealers running the wires so they end up on the exhaust.

Should be able to run serial number via zuki dealer and see if that bike requires the modification or if its already been done. It's doing exactly the same thing my '08 prior to the recall. G/L.

Dont ya just luv it when newbs come on here asking for technical advice and never come back to say what the solution is or even just a simple Thank You?:banghead:

I have a question did you ever figure out what the problem was because I have a 2005 Hayabusa and every time I start my bike it blows the turn signal fuse which in turn leaves me with no brake lights no turn signals and no highbeam and every time I put a new fuse in it blows immediately

Back