Funny work story...provided by The House Mouse. (true story) Should make you laugh.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
My wife runs a dental office. Same one for about 20 years.Same dentist for that time too.Alot of patients have been around for a long time aswell.

A while back the original dentist decides to retire and sell the practice. A new guy takes over.

So this lady,a long time patient is in one day seeing the original dentist for the last time. As it turns out Ol' Rubb has an' appointment that same day/time with a hygenist for a cleaning. The lady is sitting in the waiting area opposite my wifes desk/front counter area,when I walk in. I come in,walk past the waiting area around the counter and peel off me lid,throw it on the spare desk,hang my leather on the back of her chair(exposing the shaved head and jail-house tattoo's) and head for Lisa the hygenist's room. House Mouse and I didn't say a word to each other.

Well apparantly this lady's eye's got as big as saucers. :shocked:

So then some weeks go by. This same lady is now apparantly in absolute agony with a busted tooth. She tries for days and days to deal with the pain but can no longer stand it.She tells my wife on the phone that she is not thrilled to see the new guy,but the pain is so great she feels she has little choice. So she makes an' appointment to see..."The new dentist."

So she comes in,meets the new dentist and is a bit confused. She is pleasantly surprised. This guy looks,acts,and talks like a real dentist.

This poor lady was under the assumption for months that apparantly "yours truely,Da Rubb" was in fact "The New Dentist."

She put herself through hell for days in absolute agony and fear and terror of sitting in the chair at the hands of "The New Guy."

:rofl:..... poor lady.

Rubb the dentist. Can you picture it. Rusty Dremal tool in hand.:laugh:

RSD.

Re: Funny work story...provided by The House Mouse. (true story) Should make you laug

:rofl: :thumbsup:

Way to scare an ol lady to death!

Re: Funny work story...provided by The House Mouse. (true story) Should make you laug

My wife runs a dental office. Same one for about 20 years.Same dentist for that time too.Alot of patients have been around for a long time aswell.

A while back the original dentist decides to retire and sell the practice. A new guy takes over.

So this lady,a long time patient is in one day seeing the original dentist for the last time. As it turns out Ol' Rubb has an' appointment that same day/time with a hygenist for a cleaning. The lady is sitting in the waiting area opposite my wifes desk/front counter area,when I walk in. I come in,walk past the waiting area around the counter and peel off me lid,throw it on the spare desk,hang my leather on the back of her chair(exposing the shaved head and jail-house tattoo's) and head for Lisa the hygenist's room. House Mouse and I didn't say a word to each other.

Well apparantly this lady's eye's got as big as saucers. :shocked:

So then some weeks go by. This same lady is now apparantly in absolute agony with a busted tooth. She tries for days and days to deal with the pain but can no longer stand it.She tells my wife on the phone that she is not thrilled to see the new guy,but the pain is so great she feels she has little choice. So she makes an' appointment to see..."The new dentist."

So she comes in,meets the new dentist and is a bit confused. She is pleasantly surprised. This guy looks,acts,and talks like a real dentist.

This poor lady was under the assumption for months that apparantly "yours truely,Da Rubb" was in fact "The New Dentist."

She put herself through hell for days in absolute agony and fear and terror of sitting in the chair at the hands of "The New Guy."

:rofl:..... poor lady.

Rubb the dentist. Can you picture it. Rusty Dremal tool in hand.:laugh:

RSD.

:lol:

Rubb's new Tat .....

rubbs_tat.jpg

Awesome Postal...just awesome. Wife almost fell out of her chair. :thumbsup: :rofl:

Rubb.

:rofl:

that's a good one! :lol:

I'd rather get worked on by someone like you. At least I know that you know how to use your dremel. Dentist? They're hands are WAY to fragile LOL

Funny story :laugh: I'm thinking the Duke has desires Dr. Rubb :poke:

Well you should have at least kissed your wife when you got there. :laugh: Poor old lady might not have never came back

Very funny. :thumbsup:

:rofl:

:laugh: She probably tried the whole string tied to the door knob bit before finally giving into the pain and going to see Dr. Rubb :rofl:

This particular dentist,the one that retired,used to wear the safety glasses and sport the Hawaiian shirts.

I could have easily stepped in.

This is the face of a kind caring soul....

Hawaii 08 016.jpg

You wake up from the anesthestic to this trusted face...what could be more comforting....???

Instead of a target in one hand,and an' automatic weapon in the other,it would be a pair of rusty pliers and yer tooth in a jar.

Hawaii 08 031.jpg

To Funny !!! I knew there was a reason that I hated dentists

Back