Fundraiser For my Son BigDiesel Jr

BigDiesel

Registered
Firstly want to thank Cap and the 'Org for letting me post this up.

I have an 11-year-old son now (Scott Jr) who has been approved to receive a Canine Companion assistance Dog through Canine Companions for Independence. They provide highly-trained assistance dogs for adults and children with disabilities.
My son Scott was born with Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congentia (hundred bucks to the first person to say that 3 times fast), and has already been through 4 separate corrective surgeries to give him the ability to walk and use both his arms, but he will need some kind of physical assistance likely for the rest of his life. His mother and I both agreed that performing too many surgeries too soon wouldn't be helpful to his overall growth after speaking to several physicians, so we decided the next best option to allow him to be as independent as possible was the Canine Companion program.
The Team Training course where Scott will be introduced to a dog and learn how to interact w/them is Two Weeks long, and it is held in Ohio. There is no cost for the dog, but we have to cover the cost of travel, room and board for the 2 week duration.

I have never put my hand out in my life before. Because I was given the ability to do alot on my own-I have been able to care for and support my family very well IMO, but I know this expense will place a big burden on both his mother and I (we are separated). Any and all donations would be greatly appreciated,
the online site for donations is: May the Woof Be With You (Scott White) by Rachele Balzer - GoFundMe

Thanks in Advance to everyone, and please feel free to pass this link on.

where in Ohio? Maybe some members local that can help with various things?

Just a thought here Big D... How about a paypal link right here...some folks dont have/dont like credit cards.

Just a thought. Go fund me should get on board with paypal too.

Good luck to yer boy too...dogs can be trained to do amasing things. I used to take one of my big ol Rottweillers into an' old folks home,they loved it.

Rubb.

He shoots..he scores...:bowdown:

Good thinkin' Zuk. My guess is that all his needs will be met perfectly by this program...but thats not to say lunch with some "Busa-Boyz"wouldn't make his day.

Rubb.

let us know, I'm sure there's some locals that would be happy to lend a hand, maybe bring meals to where you are staying, etc

Ok I found the info for the North Central Regional Center for Canine Companions:
4989 State Route 37 East
Delaware, OH 43015
This is where Scott Jr and his mom Rachele will be going once we have the funds. I also set up a Pay Pal account again, it's only going to be working for a few months while I have the fundraisers going, after the summer it will be closed.
Pay pal is: big_busa@hotmail.com

Once again just want to say Thanks Again for everything.

thats very near Columbus. Do you know when they will be in the area?

Ok I found the info for the North Central Regional Center for Canine Companions:
4989 State Route 37 East
Delaware, OH 43015
This is where Scott Jr and his mom Rachele will be going once we have the funds. I also set up a Pay Pal account again, it's only going to be working for a few months while I have the fundraisers going, after the summer it will be closed.
Pay pal is: big_busa@hotmail.com

Once again just want to say Thanks Again for everything.

donation sent ! Praying for you all !

thats very near Columbus. Do you know when they will be in the area?

We have been on a wait-list for a Companion Dog since Sept. '12 but they told us it could be up to a year before a dog will be available. These are the very same facilities that supply our injured troops returning home from wars, so right now we're just waiting our turn and trying to get things at Jr's home ready for the new dog.

We are going to be hosting a Fundraiser party for Scott in Hartland, WI at JC Bogar's @352 Cottonwood Ave on June 23rd, from 1:00pm to 5:00pm across from Nixon Park in Hartland. Music will be provided by Scott's Great-Grandfather and Blues musician Al Balzer, and there will be free food along with raffle items for party-goers. We are already almost half way to our goal. Thanks again!

I know how a fugged up body can drain yer soul. I actully live on disabilty right now. (long story,wont bore everyone).

But I can think of no better cause than helping a boy get a dog like this.

Not much,but hope it helps.

In memory of me last 3 dogs. Kodiac,Ripley and Aila.

Rubb.

b-u-m-p.gif

I have access to Friends and Family hotels, if that helps. Not sure if you are looking for something larger for that time, but let me know.

I thought it would be good to post up the Raffle items here that we'll have available for anyone who can make it out on June 23rd;
If you come on your Busa, I'll make sure you have good parking and I'll even Valet the bike if you want...pay no attention to your mileage gauge tho-they tend to 'act up' in parking lots and add like 20-30miles;)
Anyways-here is the Raffle item list, the only way to win is to come buy tix!!

Dog Shampoo, Treats, and Toys
Retail Value: $20
Michael Jackson Mug w/ Alterra Coffee
Dorothy Mug w/ Alterra Coffee
Elvis Mug w/ Alterra Coffee
Hot Booties
Retail Value: $15
Presto Griddle
Sterno Buffet Set
Polk Headphones
Retail Value: $119
Polk Indoor/ Outdoor Atrium Speakers
Retail Value: $259
Dog Frame w/ Mug
Dog Cookie Cutters
Dog Leash Hanger
Cranky Al’s Gift Certificates
Pizza, Fish Fry, and Doughnuts
Retail Value: $50
Not Just Nuts Gift Certificate
Retail Value: $10
Not Just Nuts Gift Certificate
Retail Value: $10
Facial at Amazing Grace Spa Gift Certificate
Retail Value: $72
Grill
Retail Value: $60
Magic Cottage Beauty Supplies
Retail Value: $75
Mosiac Pot
Retail Value: priceless
Mosiac Bird
Mosiac Tree
Mosiac Fish
DVD Player
Dog Treat Canister
Dog Bone Treat Canister
4 Summerfest Tickets
Retail Value: $68
DVD / Popcorn/ Candy Gift Set
Marmaduke, Benji, Hachi, Marley &Me
Sony BluRay/ DVD Player
Retail Value: $89
GrowMax Seed Starter Kit
Retail Value: $150

Hope to see some of you guys this Sunday; weather is holding around Milwaukee fairly good right now so let's pray it lasts thru the weekend!

Back