Fun comparison video. KTM vs Kawasaki

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Ha, “Too much power” :laugh: I don’t care for wheelie bikes. I’ve ridden an RC51.:confused:The Zed seems to have the most versatile motor and gearing but man, does it ever need to have that front end stabilized. Even so, the ‘new to riding fast nekkid bikes,’ crowd are gonna have to get used to not having great aerodynamics.

Bumblebee

Registered
True enough, it must take lots of beer to throw a leg over one of those. I was shocked to learn that (some) people, cretins of course, think the Busa is ugly! WTH?
If I would have found a decent BKing before I found my Hayabusa, I would have had it in my garage instead...I think they are brilliant bikes..

Just like with the Hayabusa, many bikes will out-power it now but it is rock solid on the road.

I'd sure hate to be one of those people who just have to have the latest, cutting edge, fastest bike out there...it would be a real chore keeping up with the changes all the time...kind of like having the most up to date computer...they make a newer, faster, better one almost each month.

There comes a time when a person settles for a bike (or anything) they are comfortable with and can still enjoy-or they will go nuts trying to stay ahead of the tech curve.

Red05

Donating Member
Registered
If I would have found a decent BKing before I found my Hayabusa, I would have had it in my garage instead...I think they are brilliant bikes..
Have you ridden one? I was in love with the idea of a Busa powered standard (of sorts), but was underwhelmed with a test ride. If I had a Jay Leno like garage full I'd probably have one but no thanks otherwise.

hayabuser

Registered

Just like with the Hayabusa, many bikes will out-power it now but it is rock solid on the road.
I've owned two B-Kings, amazing fun. Having an excess of power in a naked package is the recipe for good times.

Another naked I really like is the S1000R. Again like most nakeds, it has controversial aesthetics but just a great thing to blast around on.

Bumblebee

Registered
Have you ridden one? I was in love with the idea of a Busa powered standard (of sorts), but was underwhelmed with a test ride. If I had a Jay Leno like garage full I'd probably have one but no thanks otherwise.
I sat on one at a dealership but never rode one..

What underwhelmed you?

Red05

Donating Member
Registered
I sat on one at a dealership but never rode one..

What underwhelmed you?
Over the top great engine, but basically just wanted to go straight. I've gotten pretty good at coercing a bike around turns, but it basically felt dangerous at a good pace. I wish Suzuki had put a little more effort into the chassis/handling. Reminded me of the FZ09 I rode for a couple years. There's another waste of a great powerplant.

Red05

Donating Member
Registered
Funny, my two B-Kings went around corners just fine.
As usual, I wasn't clear. They'll turn, sure. My riding is not commuting, not here in the midwest, anyway. Drivers are horrible. I sport ride; urban twisties, at a good pace. I thought maybe a B-King might be the one. I could feel it "wallow" is what I call it; feels like the front and rear are going different directions, leaned over hard at speed. Tire pressure was good, maybe suspension settings could have been better; it was a test ride; but regardless, to me, it's not a great handling bike. That's what I should have said originally.

Bumblebee

Registered
As usual, I wasn't clear. They'll turn, sure. My riding is not commuting, not here in the midwest, anyway. Drivers are horrible. I sport ride; urban twisties, at a good pace. I thought maybe a B-King might be the one. I could feel it "wallow" is what I call it; feels like the front and rear are going different directions, leaned over hard at speed. Tire pressure was good, maybe suspension settings could have been better; it was a test ride; but regardless, to me, it's not a great handling bike. That's what I should have said originally.
I always thought the BKing and Hayabusa shared suspension components...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gurrera Fun stuff from a friend for thr 4 th Random Thoughts 0
c10 Yamaha Max fun ;) General Bike Related Topics 7
T Some Busa fun... Videos 6
B Had fun out today even with the poop storm General Bike Related Topics 32
c10 Fun day with a few friends. Off Topic 5
Johnnie Phatt just me and a few friends having some fun Videos 7
c10 Fun @ work Off Topic 5
c10 Home improvement FUN! Off Topic 34
Kiwi Rider Antique Motorcycle Fun! with Mustie. General Bike Related Topics 1
bdoon So Much Fun I Bought Another One New Owners Forum 4
c10 7 Kawasaki's ,and 2 Suzuki's equal a fun time! General Bike Related Topics 1
RedBull Ortega Highway Carousel ~ Couple Of Fun Curves . . . Twisties 1
UR IT! More Mountain Twisty Fun.. Videos 4
UR IT! A Little Fun On The Beeline... Videos 5
c10 775 Miles Of Hayabusa Fun With Friends General Bike Related Topics 10
BusaBus Bought A New Kawasaki Z125 Pro- May The Fun Begin! Other rides of our members past and present 11
gurrera ENJOY!!!!!! Remember When Life Was Fun? We Need Some Humor 8
raydog This bike is so darn much fun! General Bike Related Topics 4
PaceMaster Finally came back where all the Fun first started. Random Thoughts 11
jayp577 Sturgis Rally Having fun at the Drags 1/4 Mile 1
Tufbusa Track + Sun = Fun :-) General Bike Related Topics 6
keene757 Fun Times!!! Engine and Performance mods 0
rubbersidedown A Happy fun Easter Rabbit song for the kiddies Random Thoughts 1
E Zurcher Fun video bike vs car vs F1 car General Bike Related Topics 5
VaBusa Do a track day they said; it'll be fun they said... Videos 6
Loomis Twice the Fun Spring Bash April 25,27th and May 9,11th General Bike Related Topics 0
Tufbusa Another fun quiz on cornering :-) Riding Skills/Survival Techniques 34
Flicka Snow Much Fun??? Random Thoughts 9
captain Some good clean fun after Thanksgiving leftovers... Gen II Busa Information 9
busaboyn2o Busa Bucket List... Just for some Fun!! General Bike Related Topics 16
outlawbusa Looks like fun Random Thoughts 0
F Turbo fun in Sweden Turbo 62
skydivr Some random skydiving fun from this weekend Random Thoughts 1
jch364 back from the being at the dragon for a week. oh what fun it was! Random Thoughts 14
rubbersidedown Todays fun letter from the other teams lawyer Random Thoughts 72
Loomis Fun at DoubleR Fest at Roebling. Videos 12
gurrera Fun Time Random Thoughts 2
raydog Maximum off road fun today! General Bike Related Topics 11
T Free gloves to number 99 (lets make it fun) General Bike Related Topics 114
Loomis Robbinsville McDonalds FUN!!! 2013 Spring Bash 5
rubbersidedown Should be fun. What cheesy fix's have you done to your/car/truck/bike? Random Thoughts 9
Easy E Fun with Water Random Thoughts 6
TommyGunn1300 how far can you ride with a passanger and still have fun? General Bike Related Topics 52
dadofthree Have fun .... PSA General Bike Related Topics 3
HillbillyTom Fun Fact Random Thoughts 4
Fastfrog007 More Craigslist fun! Random Thoughts 14
skydivr Couple makes trackdays fun General Bike Related Topics 19
A Not a Bike, but still fun, loud, and powerful! Videos 4
TWT racer not so fun day at the gas station General Bike Related Topics 15
HillbillyTom These Were Fun.. General Bike Related Topics 10