Fun comparison video. KTM vs Kawasaki

Ha, “Too much power” :laugh: I don’t care for wheelie bikes. I’ve ridden an RC51.:confused:The Zed seems to have the most versatile motor and gearing but man, does it ever need to have that front end stabilized. Even so, the ‘new to riding fast nekkid bikes,’ crowd are gonna have to get used to not having great aerodynamics.

Fun comparo indeed! Given a choice I'd take the Duke. I was ready to buy a '16 when I rode the Tuono.

Interesting though, twelve years ago the B-King had more torque than either of these bikes.

Rode one and I'd leave it out of sight in the curves on either the Tuono or the Duke lol.

True enough, it must take lots of beer to throw a leg over one of those. I was shocked to learn that (some) people, cretins of course, think the Busa is ugly! WTH?

If I would have found a decent BKing before I found my Hayabusa, I would have had it in my garage instead...I think they are brilliant bikes..

Just like with the Hayabusa, many bikes will out-power it now but it is rock solid on the road.

I'd sure hate to be one of those people who just have to have the latest, cutting edge, fastest bike out there...it would be a real chore keeping up with the changes all the time...kind of like having the most up to date computer...they make a newer, faster, better one almost each month.

There comes a time when a person settles for a bike (or anything) they are comfortable with and can still enjoy-or they will go nuts trying to stay ahead of the tech curve.

Last edited:
If I would have found a decent BKing before I found my Hayabusa, I would have had it in my garage instead...I think they are brilliant bikes..

Have you ridden one? I was in love with the idea of a Busa powered standard (of sorts), but was underwhelmed with a test ride. If I had a Jay Leno like garage full I'd probably have one but no thanks otherwise.

Just like with the Hayabusa, many bikes will out-power it now but it is rock solid on the road.

I've owned two B-Kings, amazing fun. Having an excess of power in a naked package is the recipe for good times.

Another naked I really like is the S1000R. Again like most nakeds, it has controversial aesthetics but just a great thing to blast around on.

Have you ridden one? I was in love with the idea of a Busa powered standard (of sorts), but was underwhelmed with a test ride. If I had a Jay Leno like garage full I'd probably have one but no thanks otherwise.
I sat on one at a dealership but never rode one..

What underwhelmed you?

I sat on one at a dealership but never rode one..

What underwhelmed you?
Over the top great engine, but basically just wanted to go straight. I've gotten pretty good at coercing a bike around turns, but it basically felt dangerous at a good pace. I wish Suzuki had put a little more effort into the chassis/handling. Reminded me of the FZ09 I rode for a couple years. There's another waste of a great powerplant.

Funny, my two B-Kings went around corners just fine.

As usual, I wasn't clear. They'll turn, sure. My riding is not commuting, not here in the midwest, anyway. Drivers are horrible. I sport ride; urban twisties, at a good pace. I thought maybe a B-King might be the one. I could feel it "wallow" is what I call it; feels like the front and rear are going different directions, leaned over hard at speed. Tire pressure was good, maybe suspension settings could have been better; it was a test ride; but regardless, to me, it's not a great handling bike. That's what I should have said originally.

As usual, I wasn't clear. They'll turn, sure. My riding is not commuting, not here in the midwest, anyway. Drivers are horrible. I sport ride; urban twisties, at a good pace. I thought maybe a B-King might be the one. I could feel it "wallow" is what I call it; feels like the front and rear are going different directions, leaned over hard at speed. Tire pressure was good, maybe suspension settings could have been better; it was a test ride; but regardless, to me, it's not a great handling bike. That's what I should have said originally.

I always thought the BKing and Hayabusa shared suspension components...

Back