Full Yosh system or just the cans?

Houston_Rider

Registered
I have been looking at pipes lately, I think I like the Yosh RS3 pipes. The simple thing would be the bolt-on cans, just bolt and go...

I DID find a full 4-2-1 Yosh system (used) for about the same price....I don't mind wrenching on the full system either, but I think its more involved than that, but need someone who has tuned (or know how to tune) after its installed....

Is it just a map I can download? do I have to buy a power commander? How long can I ride without these changes before it starts loading up (I assume it would run richer without any mapping, etc)....

Enlighten me on the whole enchilada, please.....

I don't know the details but personally I am all about just throwing some bolt ons at her for a couple of reasons.

Warranty, and ability to return the bike to stock if need be.

The full systems should involve remapping and a power commander, removal of the PAIR etc...and a full system will usually shave off like 12-15 lbs.
 If you want ANY power gains you need a full system, if you just want a better voice and some good looks just get the bolt-ons.  With the bolt ons generally you do not need to change anything else.

My .02

Houston Rider, I have had the yosh full system installed on my bike for about 6 months now and am well satisfied. I removed the pair valve when the pipe was installed and overall lost about 20 lbs. I rode the bike about 300 miles and it done better than I expected without remapping, just a little sluggish at low rpms. I then installed a power commander and used a map that was on a disk included with it. Mine is a 2001 with the PC 2, and it does great. I am sure it would do better with a dyno and a custom map. I personally like the single pipe exhaust but it ya like the two pipe, yosh slip ons sound great. Good luck with whatever ya decide.

Full system! I bought a S-3 race system used for $300. Just look around. Not too hard to install. Just take off the oil cooler and radiator. But pull off the pair while you are there.

I've had my full Yosh system for about a year now and still like verything about it. Install was kinda challenging but I did it myself. I have a K&N filter and a Techlusion FI box, it works, and was cheap but the PC3 ot the Yosh box would be better. Bike idled a little smoother when stock but the power sound and look is way better with the pipe.

Pict0047.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been looking at pipes lately, I think I like the Yosh RS3 pipes. The simple thing would be the bolt-on cans, just bolt and go...

I DID find a full 4-2-1 Yosh system (used) for about the same price....I don't mind wrenching on the full system either, but I think its more involved than that, but need someone who has tuned (or know how to tune) after its installed....

Is it just a map I can download? do I have to buy a power commander? How long can I ride without these changes before it starts loading up (I assume it would run richer without any mapping, etc)....

Enlighten me on the whole enchilada, please.....
Hey, I am looking to do the same. Does the bike have to have
the ECU remapped or do you have to install one of those PC IIIc modules. In order for the bike to take advantage of the
power increase you would get from installing and pipe. If you have any info send it on down .

Freddie

I have been riding the full exhaust (carbon fiber) for over 6 months on my 02. I wouldn't trade it in for nothing. I'm running a PC3 w/ dyno. When you hit the throttle for the first millisecond there is a slight delay in power. After that expect to feel the front tire lift off the ground. The weight difference is unbelievable! I'm a light guy, 73" / 165lbs, and could not lean the Busa too far to it's side when standing still. Now it's no problem. You can even tell the difference in the twisties.

I got a full RS3 race only system for sale. It has 1500 miles on the system and no damages at all. Nowdays its selling for $1325. Im asking $650 + shipping. Get in contact with me. through Private message if your intrested.

I am considering new exhaust as well, but my question is how much of a difference there is in loudness. Anyone know howmuch louder the single exhaust is versus the twin slip-on RS-3??

Thanks, Billy

Houston_Rider,
If you go with the full system, you should get a Power Commander. It's not a MUST, but it will help!
Why spend all that money and not finish the job?

Listen,
There is a guy that I would like to recommend for the tune. He's in Pflugerville. Just a couple of hours away from you.

His name is JohnnyCheese.
He's got a brand new DJ250 dyno. He's a great Busa machanic and he is HONEST!

You WON'T be sorry!!!

(512)990-0686

Tell him that I sent you.

Back