Full yosh rs3 race system installed....

SuperNova

Registered
I finally got my exhaust yesterday and after about 2.5 hours I got it all on and the bike back together.  IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! I know I know.  WHERE ARE THE PICS?  I will get some when the sun comes up and it stops raining.  I just am wondering if there is anyone that might have a good MAP to go with these mods.....full Yosh rs3 race system, all short velocity stacks, big air box mod(no filter, bottom removed completely), and pair valve removed?  If I dont get any bites I will try the one on the dynojet page.  Any help is appreciated...

<!--EDIT|SuperNova
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154694240 -->

Ok so i installed the power commander and used the Yosh full system MAP. I am still getting alot of backfiring. Lots of blue flames.....I need some help here.

I think there is a map on the dynojet site.
wink.gif

i am surprised someone hasn't put some in a downloads section here.....try here

<!--EDIT|NiTrowood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155245745 -->

Hey Man, sound to me like you duplicated my same bike... I HAD the same problem too. Was positive i had an exhaust leak & so I checked it twice. My pipes began to turn blue and was told that is a lean condition. I compared some maps and tried a few. I know you have the Yosh race only RS-3 just like me but TRY the map m312-013 for the Acropovic system. It's very close to the mid & uppers but the lower RPM side is fatter(Richer fuel air). Man! that made all the difference.
Anyhow give it a shot & tell us how it worked.

I just looked on the dynojet site and there was a custom map that a user had posted. It was for a Big Bird full race system and aftermarket filter......I went ahead and installed it and noticed a huge difference. It still pops, but not nearly as bad. I think it's even a little richer than the acropovic map.... I am not positive cause i don't know haow to read the maps....what do all the positive and negative numbers mean?

To answer your popping question, just do a search for "marble mod". Just pull up tank, remove hose, stick marble in and re-install hose. No more backfiring or popping. I had the same problem and 10 minute fix is all it took!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
It was such an easy fix!!

I'm in the same boat, not 100% happy with the full yoshi exhaust MAP. I get the hesitation when putting around in traffic. Seems as long as I stay above 4K it's all good, but below that I can hear the exhaust tone flutter and it stutters a little bit.

Which one would be better to try, the Big Bird full race map or the Acropovic full exhaust map? My pipe is also chopped 9", so a little richer wouldn't hurt either.
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

After running the BigBird map I like it so far. It still has low rpm issues, but nothing i can't live with for now until i get a custom map. The higher rpm response and throttle is amazing though....

Hey KoK-LoL, you have any low RPM issues with that map you're using? Just curious if maybe you're map works better?
I know I'm gonna pull the PC out tomorrow after work to upload a new map and also upgrade to this:

Here's the link to fix the popping sound. Works like a charm and for almost free!!

i have the full race yosh, TRE, pc3 usb and K&N and I used a combo of 2 maps, i left the high end of the map set for that set up, then i used the low to mid of the one for two bros, rest the same, and I got 168.7 rwhp on dyno with 12.3 a/f believe i could do better with different map but havent played with it yet....

i have the full race yosh, TRE, pc3 usb and K&N and I used a combo of 2 maps, i left the high end of the map set for that set up, then i used the low to mid of the one for two bros, rest the same, and I got 168.7 rwhp on dyno with 12.3 a/f believe i could do better with different map but havent played with it yet....
Dude, that's a SWEET idea!! I'd never thought of doing that! Actually didn't know you could do it. Can you cut & paste or do you have to type it all in?

<!--EDIT|InfiniteReality
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156446985 -->

The Acropovic Map does work much better for me than the one for the Full Yosh. I still do get an occasional pop. Kinda interested in the Big Bird Map now though.

Back