Full throttle through 1st & 2nd

How many times full throttle from standing to red line 1st & 2nd gear?

• Almost never

Votes: 173 47.3%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 103 28.1%
  • Often

Votes: 37 10.1%
  • At least once every ride

Votes: 39 10.7%
  • All the time

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters
I don't know that I've ever actually went WFO on the throttle in first, but I do lay into it pretty good every now and then, but I honestly don't have too much of an issue with the front end :dunno: When I get into it I usually crouch over the tank, being so tall I probably put a good amount of weight close to the front tire. Second gear WFO is a little less often, but if I get a good back road with no traffic I'll put it close to redline and let her wind back down. I think she maxes at about 110 at redline in 2nd, which I honestly don't think is too ridiculous on a public street so long as you do it in the appropriate place. (110 km of course and theoretically speaking, none of this is real world application). :whistle:

I can't believe some of you haven't opened this bike up in first or second !? I'm still dying to open her up full throttle in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th :laugh: Haven't done it yet though :mad:

I take it from a rolling start in first all the way through the gears to redline up till about 180 or so almost every ride. And I definately go through at least the first few gears that way multiple times on a ride :laugh: But I also have the roads to safely do it though too :beerchug: Why buy a hayabusa and pump it up with performance mods if you're not going to use the power? lol. I bought this bike for the rush and comfort :thumbsup:

I short shift through first allot to set the front back down. Rolling on through first lets you wind it. Stock gears. I think I would like a faster throttle ~1/8-1/4 turn, I learned to like WFO on my 'crossers. Nothing like that pinned feeling:laugh: 55 MPH comes up quick though:whistle:

Uhmmm.. I've never seen over 100 in second gear on my bike (mostly because I won't look down)..... But I can honestly say I have never seen it.. :whistle:

I can say I haven't just WOT, but I have rolled in to it in to red line. I mean I had to know.

:whistle: i like rollin up kinda lazily into the yee haw fun zone, and snapping the throttle to spin the tire, add a little modulation to come out hallin but bu the time you need to shift. then do it again in 2nd. works really good on a cold road with a bald Q2.:laugh::whistle:

i tend to play slower hooligan stunts (like the above) on my own personal road. :thumbsup:

well first gear 3/4 throttle. till about 8k the full, bang second full throttle things dissapear around me after that not sure why....looks like star trek when they start going to warp speed...

I think that I have maybe done it once or twice....but that's it, it leaves you well into the 120+...I don't need to go to jail!

I think that I have maybe done it once or twice....but that's it, it leaves you well into the 120+...I don't need to go to jail!

If you think jail is a bad outcome then just keep it pinned and keep shifting gears...You will either avoid jail or things will turn out a whole lot worse.:poke:

Absolutely no reason to pin that throttle back fully.

Full throttle is Suicide, in any gear...That's my opinion.

Back