Full System Aftermarket Exhaust

Chris08Bus

Registered
Has anyone out there installed a full system Two Brothers exhaust on the Gen II? I just installed my new Black Series CF system yesterday and noted that it didn't come with any hardware to mount the end of the collector to the factory mount just behind the regulator/rectifier.

Given that the TB exhaust is significantly lighter than the stock exhaust, I can see not needing to mount the exhaust in the middle. Although, the aftermarket collector is manufactured with a bracket to attach to the factory attachment point on the bike.

Anyone out there run in to this before??

If you think there's a problem you need to search their site or contact their support to be sure. Best of luck brother :thumbsup:

Looking around their site it seems you might be missing a strap and mounting hardware. I would call them.

your best best would be to take it all off and send it back as that exhuast is the worst possible thing you can put on your busa... its sad to say that but its the truth. Akrapovic or Ti-force for power and quality and Hindle/brock although crappy quality they make good power.

your best best would be to take it all off and send it back as that exhuast is the worst possible thing you can put on your busa... its sad to say that but its the truth. Akrapovic or Ti-force for power and quality and Hindle/brock although crappy quality they make good power.

What?? What's wrong with a TBR exhaust?? It was nice and cheap!

Not everyone shares that opinion. I put an exhaust on my Busa based on appearance more than anything. The sound was a bonus, and I for one think the Brock's pipes look hideous except for the ct duals. Otherwise all the alien heads, etc look like crap to me..

Most of the time an exhaust system is kind of an owners choice. People pick exhaust for a variety of reasons. IMHO it is hard to bet a Brock's system if you're looking for price, performance and quality. Other systems that match the performance typically cost a good bit more. Some people just like the looks of a certain system, some like the sound. In the end it's their bike and their money. So if someone makes a false claim, then refute it, but be nice about doing so.

Come on riding weather :laugh:

Chris08Bus said:
What?? What's wrong with a TBR exhaust?? It was nice and cheap!

Absolutely nothing wrong with TBR. As DO3 said call and get missing parts from them, finish install, post pics here and ride the crap out of that Busa:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

@Chris08Bus, I installed a Yosh TRC full system on my Gen II and as light as the system is I didn't mount the center of my exhaust to that bracket you are talking about. When I connected the can the exhaust sits correctly. I was going to go back and connect the center mount, but I have been riding the bike now for 4 years and still haven't connected it nor am I having any issues with it. See for yourself.

TheBeast1.jpg

My Brocks has no mount in the center. Works fine.

I don't believe that any exhaust is all that wonderful compared to the others. I ran my buddy's 08 with nothing more than stock cans removed and my 08 with a Brocks exhaust and they were within .10 seconds in the 1/4 with the difference being in the 60'. My bike had a cut seat and was 1" longer than his so I was more comfortable with it. We've had numerous 08's within the group of guys we race with and I sure don't see one brand of exhaust outperforming another. If you don't race it, do you really think you'll feel .10 seconds difference from 0 to 150 mph?

@wat1000 & @Dennis: Thanks for the replies. I'm figuring based upon the weight differences alone, the exhaust attached by the header bolts and the muffler attachment point to the right rearset, it should be fine. I can't imagine there will be any difference in vibrations with the exhaust attached at that point or not.

In any case, once I get her all done, I'll post some pics. So far, the carbon fiber black series can looks pretty sharp against the black/grey paint on my '08. Super stoked! Now I just have to do the "marble mod" to plug the PAIR air injection system. Got the TBR Juice Box Pro as well, paired with a BMC filter and some new spark plugs. Can't wait to hear the difference.

:please: what do i know---besides making your bike fast!--my number 1 quote is " pipes are like girls there is a different one for each others taste.../wether you like white short fat girls w a fat ass or a thin girl like a super model....you may prefer a chinese girl or a pretty black girl...." it all depends on your astheic preference when it comes to exhuast systems and i was sure to state what i stated!!

Ride on--bc i do !! I ride what i like an what suits my needs as well as my check book!!!!!!!!!!

Hell i remeber buying as a company exhuast systems that sell for $1400 today for $270/230 new 15-18 years ago!!!!!!!

Not everyone shares that opinion. I put an exhaust on my Busa based on appearance more than anything. The sound was a bonus, and I for one think the Brock's pipes look hideous except for the ct duals. Otherwise all the alien heads, etc look like crap to me..

Bots you're a trunk modless idget! What do you know?
This thing is a work of art!! :guns:

9c5f386b.jpg

Chris bike looks good. If it were me I'd powdercoat the pege sets black as well as the exhaust midpipe.

I just put a full black series GP CF Can on my Gixxer 1K.

If you follow the mounting instructions you should be good to go. Mine is obnoxiously loud, but it is a track bike after all.

Back