Full leathers

dwnhllthng

Registered
Whats going on, I have some questions for anyoe willing to help me out. I'm 6'5" 230 lbs. I wear a taylored 48 suit jacket. And I wear an honest to gosh 36 inch inseam pants, not baggy, not too long dragging the ground. I want a pair of full leathers prefferably 2 peice and not wanting to spend but a couple hundred bucks. But I cant find anything that fits my arm length (37-38) without being the size of a 55 gallon barrel in my gut. I want something that wont flap around in the wind when I'm riding hard, and I dont want pants that end at my calve muscle. Any help would be great, or if its impossible then let me know.

Not sure I understand your post. Your wearing a tailored jacket in street clothes but want an off the rack leather suit that fits....for $200?
rock.gif

With your budget, you are going to have to hit the used market hard and you may have a long wait. They can be altered, but even that is not going to be cheap. If you are particular about color, you might as well forget it.

I ended up with a very nice set on ebay that had little use. 2 set actually. I bought the first and about 2 months later the second set showed up. I broke even on the first set. Mine are a bit tight, so I need to loose about 15 lbs. If I gain 10, it will be back to ebay.

Sorry, I guess when i say a couple hundred I should be more specific. I would like ot stay within $500-600. Also I guess I'm looking more for a direction to look in....brand, model, etc. I dont care about color and I really dont care about new or used. Just wanna find something that will fit somewhat good. Am I still way out on pricepoint?

BEST thing I did is go to some big time motorcycle shops ad see i f they have some leather 2 piece suits just for you to get an idea of if ya need to go up or down in size.
I found a 2 piece 54 size joe rocket bkl/gry and the jacket fit me perfect but the pants dragged me down becase the inseam and legs were too big and too long.
I could have livd with the length if only the pants had had an adjustable waiste band belt system.Incidently I also tried on a 48 2 piece and it was way to shor in the arms and leg length.but the mass was right.
I'm 6'3'' 200 pounds to give ya an idea.
You either need a 52 or-54 top but the pants are what us taller guys have trouble fitting us right.
You'll probably have to get a different top size than the bottom size.
GOODLUCK

Ok, this is helping me out. Now the question is, does anyone have some tips on good places to buy from...online or off. Good prices?

Back