Full leathers....

Devil Dog

Donating Member
Registered
Who do you recommend for purchasing 1 or 2 pc leathers?

I've already looked at kneedraggers.com and newenough.com. Any other good websites?

Thanks in Advance
DD

I would go to Fun bike center and try on a couple of suits , see which one you like best .
46 alpinestar is a lot bigger then a 46 joe rocket. I learned the hard way .

Then, hit up ebay or something. There are some great vendors on ebay .

(hionbusa @ Nov. 04 2006,19:27) I would go to Fun bike center and try on a couple of suits , see which one you like best .
46 alpinestar is a lot bigger then a 46 joe rocket. I learned the hard way .

Then, hit up ebay or something. There are some great vendors on ebay .
thats funny.......

I did exactly that today. I spent over an hour trying on their overpriced suits.
wink.gif

DD

The advantage to 2 pieces is you can take the jackets off in restraunts. One pieces are a pain when not riding.

But get a 2 piece that zips together. Otherwise the jacket will slide up your back and the asphault will meet your skin
wow.gif

I bought from newenough, but I see they aren't offering Teknic suits any more. Ebay or a bike site such as psychobike is your best bet. Be sure and buy a 2pc that has a full circumference zipper if you go 2pc, it's track legal, and offers better protection in the event of a get off..........

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 04 2006,21:24) I bought from newenough, but I see they aren't offering Teknic suits any more. Ebay or a bike site such as psychobike is your best bet. Be sure and buy a 2pc that has a full circumference zipper if you go 2pc, it's track legal, and offers better protection in the event of a get off..........
I agree...definately going w/ a 2 pc. Thanks

(trip @ Nov. 04 2006,21:26) SHift Racing is still liquidating their stock, if they still have your size...

I bought mine from them for $300. I love them!

I would pay much much more for them now that I've tried them out.

Great for warm weather. Lots of air flow.

http://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm....03F.jpg

This guy bought a bunch from shift and is selling them on ebay....

http://stores.ebay.com/MXSouth....2QQtZkm

Good luck!
Thank You Trip.....size 44(US) not available.

Again thanks

Still looking.....

If you have a grand to spend and want a first class two piece suit, my suggestion would be to make a trip to the nearest Cycle Gear and try on the Dainese suits. I've owned a number of two piece suites, Joe Rocket, Alpinestar, Field Sheer to name a few and Dainese far exceeds any I have tried. You won't be disappointed with anything Dainese makes.

Hey Vinny

I have Alpinestars in a 1 piece and a 2 piece suit...they have larger sizes than most of the others and make a good quality suit. The fit is important so try on as many different brands that you can find...also as many different models that they offer. Sizing can very greatly between brands and even between 1 and 2 piece suits in the same brand.

New Enough and Kneedraggers are two good places to shop...ebay or anybody with a close out would be a good choice also...I would MAKE sure that ANY suit that you buy to try on that EXACT model suit in that size first.

Some of the better brands...

Alpinestars
Dainese
Teknic
Gericke
Spidi
Joe Rocket
Vanson
Agvsport
AXO
Motogp
Shift
Fieldsheer

I would stay away from the STARTER models that you see ALL the time in the $300-$400 range...they don't use as good of quality leather, zippers , and ARMOR if any. 2 piece is more versitale for the street and the track...you want a zipper that goes COMPLETELY around your waist...in the warmer weather it is nice to be able to take off the jacket when not riding. For all out riding a 1 piece is best.

Alpinestar

967579b02464dc9c5cae085570fcffed_rough.jpg

(StreetnTrack @ Nov. 05 2006,07:04) Let me know what you like and I will see if we carry it for you.
Oh-snap....I did not know you carried leathers....

I'm always down to support a site sponsor!!!!

Alphinestars, Teknics, or Joe Rocket.... you carry any of these?

PM sent too.

Keep the info coming on this. I have been looking too. Two pc i think will be the ticket!
beerchug.gif

Devil, i sell Alpinestars and can offer you some good prices.

Devil Dog have you found your leathers yet. Someone broke in my garage and stole mine, among other things. So... I looking for leathers again. Fortunately they weren't real expensive, but now I need to get another two piece. If you get any good leads please let me know.

Back