Full fairing bolt/washer kits?

Blacksmith

Registered
Ok boys I'm waiting to meet the awesome fellow org member for get my full set of fairings but there are a few other parts I need to go with them. New clip ons, bar ends, levers, stator and cover and eventually a new M4 exhaust tip but right now I need a full set of fairing bolts/washers/push pins all of it. I've looked at Pro bolts and a titanium or al. kit would be cool but idk if it has everything I need. Has anyone here used them? Is there anything missing from the kit that I'll need? It's been so long dealing with the ins company I'm dying to get her on the road so trying to get everything ordered and ready to go. Thanks for help (again).

The spacers no longer come unless you request them Guy's ;)

The spacers no longer come unless you request them Guy's ;)

Not even the crappy plastic ones for titanium kit , cheap bastards.... They aren't doing DLC on that kit either.... going to ask them to do it for the Kawasaki kit if possible , did the Busa by my own measurements some years back .

Ok boys I'm waiting to meet the awesome fellow org member for get my full set of fairings but there are a few other parts I need to go with them. New clip ons, bar ends, levers, stator and cover and eventually a new M4 exhaust tip but right now I need a full set of fairing bolts/washers/push pins all of it. I've looked at Pro bolts and a titanium or al. kit would be cool but idk if it has everything I need. Has anyone here used them? Is there anything missing from the kit that I'll need? It's been so long dealing with the ins company I'm dying to get her on the road so trying to get everything ordered and ready to go. Thanks for help (again).
I believe I have my stock Clip-one in my spare parts box that you can have at no cost. I’ll check tomorrow. As for fasteners, sometime I see complete used hardware “kits” on eBay really cheap. Cheap enough to be worth taking a chance to have a bunch of spares in a bag just in case.

I believe I have my stock Clip-one in my spare parts box that you can have at no cost. I’ll check tomorrow. As for fasteners, sometime I see complete used hardware “kits” on eBay really cheap. Cheap enough to be worth taking a chance to have a bunch of spares in a bag just in case.
That's a good idea Bupa thanks I'll look into it. Im sure I'll need more than the kit comes with since im replacing so many parts.

Check out these ti bolts , reduced shaft , okay , not unusual ,

except they are 6mm M6 titanium from Racebolt UK .

A very nice quality fastener .

I'd be interested to see how much weight one would save by replacing all the bolts/fasteners on a Hayabusa with Ti?

What is an estimate, 3-4lbs....???

I did not have a good experience with the Probolt Ti fastners. The first set did not have the plastic sleeves and washers (I did not ask for them). The second set did but the fit was not so good. The main fairing bolts actually clamp down against the plastic but allow movement to reduce the stress on the plastic. If the sleeve of the bolt is not big enough, the fit of the fairing panel is a bit sloppy - I would call it more of a race fit. I ended up going back to the OEM fasteners because I was not satisfied with the Ti.

This is not a knock on Probolt though in any way. They were responsive, reasonably fast and patient, really tried hard to please me. As they say in customer service, you just can't please an ignorant customer. I would certainly use them again. I just think you need to spend some time learning the bolts and order the right specific pieces that will perform the way you want them to.

I'd be interested to see how much weight one would save by replacing all the bolts/fasteners on a Hayabusa with Ti?

What is an estimate, 3-4lbs....???
If you get rid of 4lb's , you are doing okay . Probably a bit more , when you do everything , like engine bolts and mounts , suspension mounts , and full axles . Mix it up with aluminum , say for engine covers , all non load mounting like fenders , inner panels , fairing kits etc. , and you will save well over 2kg .
The weight saving is costly , but can be done over years if you want , so the out lay can be spread out . The benefits are not only the moderate weight saving , but also a nicely finished machine , that extra detailing always catches the eye of a serious aficionado .

If you get rid of 4lb's , you are doing okay . Probably a bit more , when you do everything , like engine bolts and mounts , suspension mounts , and full axles . Mix it up with aluminum , say for engine covers , all non load mounting like fenders , inner panels , fairing kits etc. , and you will save well over 2kg .
The weight saving is costly , but can be done over years if you want , so the out lay can be spread out . The benefits are not only the moderate weight saving , but also a nicely finished machine , that extra detailing always catches the eye of a serious aficionado .
Hi. I will save maybe 6 - 8lbs with the Ti rear spring, clutch pusher,case bolts. Plus the aluminum bolts inside the motor for non stressed bolts. I also removed the balancer I blocked the oil feed to the balancer and use a freeze plug for the hole.

Back