Full exhaust system weights???

Birdoprey

Registered
Has anyone weighed their full exhaust systems? If so, post them up! Just curious what their actual weights are. If you happen to have the weight of the stk exhaust, post it too! Be sure to specify if its for a Gen I or Gen II, a 4-1/4-2-1/4-2-1-2 etc.

-Mark

Forgot to post one i recently weighed for a Gen I Busa:

Ti-Force 4-2-1 w/ oval can. Full Titanium system= 8.6lbs(includes can strap/bracket and mounting springs.

Gen 2 Brocks Street Meg Short 7 pounds, twice that in punch at the rear wheel :whistle:

Gen 2 Brock's CT Dual titanium @ 12.85lb. Double exhaust and under 13lb!!!

I never weighed the stock exhaust but it felt like it weighed about 100lb. with both cans and manifold. :laugh:

Actually I didn't weigh my CT Duals either... I'm going with what Brock's website says.:bowdown:

Gen 2 Brock's CT Dual titanium @ 12.85lb. Double exhaust and under 13lb!!!

I never weighed the stock exhaust but it felt like it weighed about 100lb. with both cans and manifold. :laugh:

Actually I didn't weigh my CT Duals either... I'm going with what Brock's website says.:bowdown:

alan weighed his dual ct, came out a hair over 8 lbs if i remember correctly. whole system.

Pretty accurate...I figured it right around 49-50 lbs for the 08 cans. My single sided CT full titanium was around 8.5 lbs...dropped another 12 lbs off when i went to BST wheels...You will not believe the flickability difference...ouch on the wallet...

single sided, my bad. damn alan, you ninja'd up out of nowhere, lol.

well got brock alien head, put bike on scale at drag strip bike with 1/4 tank of gas 505lbs do the math... gen 2

at what elevation :poke::laugh:
i disagree. stock is actually 47.45763. :exclamation:

fyi, your lightest exhaust system is going to be a 4-1 titanium system with carbon can or sidewinder. Stainless systems are always heavier. If someone would ever go inconel it would be lighter than Ti. I'm sure Brocks Ti-winder would be hard to beat on lowest weight.

Way to many variables to "do the math". Just wanna know what the exhaust system itself weighs.

well ya know what i meant, they say gen 2 in owner manual to be 535lbs mine is all stock with brocks exhaust at 505lbs... sure there could be a few things like levels and stuff that may change the weight by a few pounds one way or another but. Friend has 09 with akrapovic ti with carbon fiber can (full exhaust) and his bike was 512lbs on same scale. not sure what differance would be but had same amout of gas (roughly)

at what elevation :poke::laugh:

fyi, your lightest exhaust system is going to be a 4-1 titanium system with carbon can or sidewinder. Stainless systems are always heavier. If someone would ever go inconel it would be lighter than Ti. I'm sure Brocks Ti-winder would be hard to beat on lowest weight.

I agree. Not just looking for the lightest, just curious what the different systems out weighed. Good info to know sometimes.
I'm kinda wondering if a sidewinder is much lighter. If it had a baffle, it may not be much at all.

I'm kinda wondering if a sidewinder is much lighter. If it had a baffle, it may not be much at all.

since a sidewinder is really a race exhaust there's no real reason to have a heavy baffle in it. You're right though that you might only shave a pound off since the systems overall length is less.

Back