Always liked my Brock's

IMG_2200.JPG

TEM

Red,
are you calling me retard ?

LOL or retired ?

Just checking ?

Because if you are calling me retard,
I just want to let you know that I am fit as a fiddle.

This old man just put in for retirement & still wants to ride with our friends ~ I really enjoy riding with you too Bobby & when I need to lift something heavy . . .

30962DC7-5FEF-4320-BEFB-D08F6FF7D6EB_zpsri7yyqgq.jpg

I will always keep this in the back of my mind to remember that you are fit as a fiddle as long as you remember that I'm retired-Red already brother . . .

36229031.jpg

So hit me up the next time you want to go for a ride . . .

Last edited:
This old man just put in for retirement & still wants to ride with our friends ~ I really enjoy riding with you too Bobby & when I need to lift something heavy . . .

View attachment 1570141

I will always keep this in the back of my mind to remember that you are fit as a fiddle as long as you remember that I'm retired-Red already brother . . .

View attachment 1570142

So hit me up the next time you want to go for a ride . . .

will do! but I can't keep up with your retired self! BTW, that picture with Juan in the background blows me away! he's like 70lbs lighter now!

There are 3 big HP pipes, Brocks Arkapovic and Tsukigi racing

These are the biggest diameter headers, that work great with stock bore moter to big bore motors. The Tsukigi racing, has gone out of business but
can be found for sale now and then. The Arka, is getting harder to find, due the the age of the Gen 1 bikes,

Will do!

But I can't keep up with your retired self! BTW,
that picture with Juan in the background blows me away !

He's like 70 pounds lighter now !

To stay on track with the original post, my Gen 1 has a Yoshimura header ~ Juan has lost a bunch of weight to fit into those nice leathers he bought . . .

rubbing%20it%20in_zpsre8injv0.jpg

Looks like PirateDiverJeff photo bombing this picture in the back ground . . .

Brocks is top shelf !!! you can't go wrong!
New to Busa's but not to bikes. Anyway, a question, installed a new set of full black widow exhaust (Gen 2 2008), welds and workmanship excellent, no problems with install, however, 2 things that I dislike, #1, probably can't reach between header pipes (not spread wide enough) to remove oil filter without removing parts of lower fairing & #2, on idle, exhaust doesn't have a deep throaty loping sound. However, performance is way better than my previous slip on's.

A friend of mine hasn't done any engine performance mods & he claims he can change his oil filter without removing any fairing, plus, I have heard his yoshimura tri oval exhaust on idle & it has a deep throaty loping sound like he has a high performance cam. The loping, sounds like my Harley with all the performance goodies.

Don't know if it's yoshimura's header bends or the can inside configuration versus the black widows. Removed the baffles but no change, it just gets louder.

Tried checking on the internet for the sound on a Busa, prior to buying but no one had posted any, so I took a chance @ $517 included free shipping on eBay to Hawaii. I like the stainless steel headers & CF cans, just disappointed in the 2 listed things.

Aloha from Hawaii. The forum helps.

New to Busa's but not to bikes. Anyway, a question, installed a new set of full black widow exhaust (Gen 2 2008), welds and workmanship excellent, no problems with install, however, 2 things that I dislike, #1, probably can't reach between header pipes (not spread wide enough) to remove oil filter without removing parts of lower fairing & #2, on idle, exhaust doesn't have a deep throaty loping sound. However, performance is way better than my previous slip on's.

A friend of mine hasn't done any engine performance mods & he claims he can change his oil filter without removing any fairing, plus, I have heard his yoshimura tri oval exhaust on idle & it has a deep throaty loping sound like he has a high performance cam. The loping, sounds like my Harley with all the performance goodies.

Don't know if it's yoshimura's header bends or the can inside configuration versus the black widows. Removed the baffles but no change, it just gets louder.

Tried checking on the internet for the sound on a Busa, prior to buying but no one had posted any, so I took a chance @ $517 included free shipping on eBay to Hawaii. I like the stainless steel headers & CF cans, just disappointed in the 2 listed things.

Aloha from Hawaii. The forum helps.

I have no experience with the black widow exhaust but with the three headers I have had on my bike I have always had to remove the fairing to get to the oil filter. I have heard a couple of guys here say they can just pull the bottom of the fairing back and get their arm in behind it to get to the filter. I have Brocks header on now and I have to remove an oil line as well to get the filter out. With the stock and yoshimura header I did not.

As for the sound of the exhaust your kinda just stuck with it. As you said you can make it louder but that's about it.

I have no experience with the black widow exhaust but with the three headers I have had on my bike I have always had to remove the fairing to get to the oil filter. I have heard a couple of guys here say they can just pull the bottom of the fairing back and get their arm in behind it to get to the filter. I have Brocks header on now and I have to remove an oil line as well to get the filter out. With the stock and yoshimura header I did not.

As for the sound of the exhaust your kinda just stuck with it. As you said you can make it louder but that's about it.
Appreciate your response. By the way, did your yoshimura exhaust have the loping sound? I guess since I still own my FXR Harley and an X Hot Rodder, I still like that throaty sound. Thanks again.

Appreciate your response. By the way, did your yoshimura exhaust have the loping sound? I guess since I still own my FXR Harley and an X Hot Rodder, I still like that throaty sound. Thanks again.

It did a bit, not as much as my current AH2. I also have custom dyno tune, that may make a difference.

Back