Full airbox mod

jaliiido

Registered
Can the full airbox mod be done without splitting the case in half?  Is the only difference from small to full mod just cutting out a larger section of the inner panel?  If so how much do I leave around the edge to hold the filter in place?  Also, what do I use for a filter and how do I fix it into place?
Any and all input appreciated.
                                 Thanks,
                                          Joe

A full Airbox mod will requier another Airbox lid. I can do a full Airbox mod along with my ramair mod.
AirboxModRamairmod.jpg

A full Airbox mod will requier another Airbox lid. I can do a full Airbox mod along with my ramair mod.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Can I get some more detail here or is this one of those 'how do you keep a moron in suspense' gags...

A fully modded Airbox gives about 5 to 8 hp depending on other mods. My Ramair mod gives another 2 to 3 hp when the Ramair starts to work.

Sorry, meant more detail as to how it's done. I've seen some good intention instructions, but was having problems understanding the English used....

You will not gain anything over the small mod unless you have motor work. If your motor is stock the small mod will do you better then gutting out the airbox for a full mod. Do a full mod when you go to a big bore and cams.

withstupid.gif

Okay, please bear with me here. I have a stock busa. Will an airbox mod, give me more hp - without any other mod?
If so, is it worth doing- like, is it a fractional difference?
If it is worth doing, how do i do it?
Thanks in advance.
Montie

Sock Busa, the Airbox mod is not worth it. Most likely will hurt your performance. Air in air out. Go with a BMC air filter unitl you change your pipes. Even the BMC filter works better with at least slip ons.

biggrin.gif
Thanks for being honest. I didn't fancy carving up my air box for a minimal change, although I am always looking for a way to go faster.
devil.gif

Thanks agaian
Montie

I did the small airbox mod..yesterday...just cut out the area inside the lip..removing the flapper completely..now has sweet intake noises..and drilled out the mufflers on the inside to the point where i took a broom handle and hammerd
it though..still not very loud,which is good..dunno if i gained anything..hpwise..took it out for a test..just rip's..i live and ride at 5000' most of the time. Did a first gear rollon from about 7000 rpm to 10,000..just lifted the front wheel off ever so slightly..Nervous about riding at sea level for the first time on it!!!! hopefully will be at sears point may 4th and 5th.
tounge.gif

Back