Full Air Box Mod...

Daddy Fatsac

Registered
Has anyone been over there to buy a Full Air Box Mod? If so I would like to know how much the damn thing costed. For some odd reason theres no price on the webpage. And thier webpage doesn't have a phone number either. Sounds kinda fishy to me...but I don't know of another site that sells full air box mods.

Yes I know I can make it myself...but I'm not skilled in the area of making things. I might sand through the bottom of the damn thing. hehe

Dennis Clanton (suzukihayabusa.org hayabusaparts.com)

One of the most honest people you will run in to.
Most likely around $200 for a whole new box. You can send yours in for less.

I would however recommend not doing it. Read up on a small or medium box mod. You will find up at the top you loose some HP. The airbox pans out on a Dyno because it need more air but in real life i do not think so. I had one. Read the variations of the box mod and you may be able to do one. If not talk to Dennis. If you can not get a hold of him call
Carlito at TDC Performance 954-473-6300 he can hook you up with what you need also.

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL:
http://www.themotorhead.com
Customer Service Email:

themotorhead@themotorhead.com
Customer Service Phone:

216-631-4100

If you would like an airbox to experiment with I have one for $20. Like NE said I believe the large mod should be avoided.

Try experimenting with sealing the tubes first. You can get the right size plastic bottle, cut out the bottom of the bottle and then seal with tape. You need to find the right bottle. A middle size Mr. Clean would work. This helps the ram air at the top.

Which mod is better? Small or Medium? Where can I find out some more info on them?

Also Ninja...would you happen to have a picture of that nice Mr. Clean setup? *winks* I really need a visual!

Which mod is better?  Small or Medium?  Where can I find out some more info on them?  

Also Ninja...would you happen to have a picture of that nice Mr. Clean setup?  *winks*  I really need a visual!
Motorcyclemonkey.com had a great how-to, but looks like his site is down. Try this one

I did mine, was so long ago, I cant remember how much of a difference it made, but surely with a good air filter and some other performance mods, it will help.

Daddy Fatsac ,
I know it's a long trip, but if you send me that box,
I'll do any mod you like to it.
Flapper removal, small box or big box.

No charge except shipping.

Daddy Fatsac ,
I know it's a long trip, but if you send me that box,
I'll do any mod you like to it.
Flapper removal, small box or big box.

No charge except shipping.
Really? That is awesome!! I still haven't found out enough info between the small mod and the medium mod. I now know that I don't want the full mod. So if someone can tell me the difference between the two...I'd be most greatful.

Sleeperbusa that sounds pretty damn cool if you hook it up for me.

I would recommend the small mod.
You'll loose a little low end with the big mod, but I don't think it would hurt you with a stroker crank.

It's easy enough, No problem!

Hmm...small mod. What does the small mod consist of? From what I've seen there is 3 different mods. The large I know I can't do. The medium I'm going to guess requires the drumel tool. The small...I haven't the slightest clue. Is that just removing the flapper or is there more to it?

Hmm...small mod.  What does the small mod consist of?  From what I've seen there is 3 different mods.  The large I know I can't do.  The medium I'm going to guess requires the drumel tool.  The small...I haven't the slightest clue.  Is that just removing the flapper or is there more to it?
Can someone please clarify this question for me?

What is the difference with the small and medium mods? I already understand not to do the Large mod. If you can tell me the difference so I can apply it to how I want the busa to run. I will also send the airbox to you next week.

I still have alot of time bike won't be finished till August now. Waiting on the 1397cc pistons to come in...then I have to send pistons with cylinder to Millennium Technologies. So this will take awhile. I will do everything I can with the other parts while engine is getting takin care of.

The small box consists of removing the flapper valve and cutting the floor out to match the "lip" that guides the air filter. I'll plug the hole that is left when I remove the vacuum pod that used to actuate the flapper valve.

I am not in agreement with NOT doing the big box mod with a motor of your size. A stock or slightly modified Busa will loose a little low end HP and torque, but yours is gonna have so much that you could stand to loose a little.

EITHER mod will work well for you!
Very few HP are lost or gained between the 2 mods, so you can flip a coin.

Don't let me sway your decission tho. The bad thing about the big box is that the filter system that is used is not as good as on the small box.

You are gonna have so much grunt that you aren't going to know the difference, it's gonna be fast!

The medium box consist of cutting the floor and installing a Mustang K&N filter.
The verdict is still out on that one.

I'll keep you posted on my airbox. I'm not sure if my guy here is going to do it or not. It will be his first time doing on...so I'm not sure about letting him try. But we'll see.

Back