Fuggin SCAMMERS...

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
Yup found another one but this time its not on ebay. I was looking around for a new bike and came across what could have been the deal of a lifetime. I knew from the start that it was probably a scam but I had to give it a shot because it wasnt very far away. Here is a link to the ad on cycletrader.com...

LINK

Basically a 2005 Ducati 749 dark for $3700

I email the seller asking about the bike and here is what I got back...

Hello,

The bike is still for sale. Never had any mechanical problems. I must tell you that I had to move to UK one month ago with my work and I took the bike with me hoping to drive it here as well. I work in Public relations department at a hotel here and because of this job I change my home quite often. Here I had an unpleasant surprise because the bike is an US model and to pay the registration here in Europe, to pass all the emissions and standards  and many other would be quite expensive and nobody would do it. I have tried to sell it locally but it was not successfully. That is why I am trying to sell the bike back in USA, there will be no further problems because the bike passes US emissions standards and DOT & EPA as long as it has been purchased in US space. The shipping and handling are included in the price.
If interested please reply asap. Shipping takes 7-8 days.
Thank you for your time.

The number for the ad just goes to a busy signal, go figure.

Do people actually fall for this?        
guns.gif
 SCAMMERS

i just sent him this e-mail

i will take it.

but i`m in the UK and i would like to send you a certified check for 5000$ more than your asking price. you keep 2500$ and i will have a Representative pick up the bike and give him the extra 2500$ to cover shipping cost. so you end up with 2500 more than your asking price.
all i need is you full name and mailing address and a bank account for the check to go to.
does this sound good?

i have recived e-mail scams like this
guns.gif

They will never stop as long as one person will fall for it.

Make sure you report them where possible.

Back