Fuel Valve Problems *was Posted In Mods Should Be Here*

Taribare

Registered
While taking tank off my 99' Hayabusa the fuel line on valve (Petcock) came off and the brass pressed in part from petcock came out with it. I pressed it back in, but worried it might come back out easy? I then thought I might get a Pingel Petcock. I see on the Pingel site that they recommend a dual out. On my 99 it is a single line. On external pump models it seems the return fuel line just goes back into tank. It looks impossible to use the dual. I know they have singles, but reserve confuses me. I have a gauge so reserve makes no sense. I also wonder if I leave it on will it leak gas when bike is off? The oem shuts fuel off when bike is off. Has anyone else had that part pull out of stock petcock? Thanks for any help

I used to have a 99 but can't quite remember the petcock. I now have a 03 and it has an in tank fuel pump with one line leaving. There is no return line.

bumping this thread this just happened to me on the freeway I just pushed the brass back in. my question is how do I press it back in or how to make sure its secure enough to not come out again???????????????

I know, the 99 is a bit of an orphan on some things. I dunno' I pushed it back in.. will just hope it does not come off again. Buying a Pingel just too confusing for this bike. I really don't know which is correct for my application.. they confused me more on the phone.

ok I pressed min in with a vice yesterday, and put a zip tie lol threw the clamp whole and around the petcock base. so far no leaks, I ordered a new oem part. I doubt if I ride till the new part comes in and I replace it, that's to dangerous to play around with.

Back