Fuel tank question

Hi guys, new here, already finding huge amounts of info. :beerchug: Just bought an 04 Busa with low miles and starting to dig into it. The service manual talks about plugging the fuel lines when you remove the tank, and shows 2 lines. My tank only seems to have one fuel line, plus the two vents (?) off the back. Is there a fuel shutoff on the tank, or do you have to plug the line when you remove it so fuel doesn't flow out all over the place?

Just find it weird they wouldn't put a shutoff valve on the bottom of the tank. But, I never had a fuel injected bike before either. :whistle:

Sorry if this is a bit of a hijack...

Hi guys, new here, already finding huge amounts of info. :beerchug: Just bought an 04 Busa with low miles and starting to dig into it. The service manual talks about plugging the fuel lines when you remove the tank, and shows 2 lines. My tank only seems to have one fuel line, plus the two vents (?) off the back. Is there a fuel shutoff on the tank, or do you have to plug the line when you remove it so fuel doesn't flow out all over the place?

Just find it weird they wouldn't put a shutoff valve on the bottom of the tank. But, I never had a fuel injected bike before either. :whistle:

Sorry if this is a bit of a hijack...

Not 100% about the gen 1 but you should be able to just unhook the fuel line since there is a electric pump. The extra vent line is for Cali bikes for a emissions canister that goes in the back tail section.

Not 100% about the gen 1 but you should be able to just unhook the fuel line since there is a electric pump. The extra vent line is for Cali bikes for a emissions canister that goes in the back tail section.

+1

Put a rag under it...some does leak out of the lines

Back