fuel tank question

merisey

Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys, I'm looking for another fuel tank for paint. My question is.... My bike is a 1999. So I know it has a external fuel pump. Can I put any year tank on? Because currently I have a tank from a 02 on it ( I assume because it is the stock 02 blue/black combo) so is my bike modified in some way or can the tanks be swapped onto the earlier models but not later due to fuel pump placement? I know this may seem like a newb question but I have always wondered about the 02 tank on my bike. The bike is not with me now so I can not check.

you have to look under your tank to see if you have the original external fuel pump.if its there then the 02 tank was modded if not. your scoot was modded.its the only way to check.so dont get another until you can touch the bike.

you have to look under your tank to see if you have the original external fuel pump.if its there then the 02 tank was modded if not. your scoot was modded.its the only way to check.so dont get another until you can touch the bike.

yep, gotta see what your workin with. Some people do some weird things to "make it work".

sorry for the big delay guys, and thanks for the help! I tore the tank off today and it has a in tank pump. Next question is how can I tell if this was "made to work" or if someone went as far as built a newer bike on a older frame? Any suggestions. I snapped a couple quick pics.
ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

Back