fuel tank cap removal and install question(s)

Mythos

Registered
Before I go and take off the OEM cap from my Gen2, couple questions. It's not covered in the service manual as far as I can tell.

A Is removing the 5 screws all there is to taking the OEM cap off? Should I also unlock it before removing the whole assembly?

B I have install pics with the EvoTech cap but no verbage. Please view this pic on my Photobucket album. My op system is quite outdated and PB won't usually let it post but I still can upload to PB. If anyone would be so kind as to post the image for me, I'd much appreciate that.

evotech.gascap.nstl.sf.jpg Photo by Rookzx | Photobucket

So [1] shows a hand pushing the overflow tube down a hole.

OK, easy...but then the next pic has a green X through it and no number as to say "this is not step 2, DON'T DO THIS." What are they trying to show? "don't tie the overflow tube in a knot? Don't push the tube back out through the filler hole? I can't tell what that is.

[2] just a hand holding the overflow tube and we have a thumbs up indicating this is the right thing to do. I still don't know what he did. Anyway, isn't the tube supposed to be stuck down the hole already as shown in step [1]?

[3] tighten screws and [4] install cap. No problem with those.

Did they overlook anything?

They are making sure you do not kink the breather line with the "X" picture.

Thanks, BigE. That's enough to get me to go out and do this. I'll post a how-to when Photobucket decides it wants to cooperate. Only thing is torque spec for the OEM bolts but I'm sure some blue locktight and gentle torque is the way to go with the M5 aluminum bolts I have.

Looks like I do need some more help. There are two holes and I don't know which one to put the tube from the filler neck in. This tube should go to the vent hole, right?...not the drain hole? I just want to be sure, can anyone verify which hole is the vent hole and is that the proper hole to insert the hose to?

Back