Fuel Pump upgrade Gen 2

Swiftfalcon

Registered
Hey all

Just a quick question... With the stock gen 2 Fuel pump at 3 Bar bike runs smooth etc. But now I want to do a upgrade to a 3,8 bar pump, what will be the difference in power at top speed. will there be any difference . Its a gen 2 that i want to do the change.

If it is a bad idea please help me with the correct info .

Hey all

Just a quick question... With the stock gen 2 Fuel pump at 3 Bar bike runs smooth etc. But now I want to do a upgrade to a 3,8 bar pump, what will be the difference in power at top speed. will there be any difference . Its a gen 2 that i want to do the change.

If it is a bad idea please help me with the correct info .
The fuel pressure regulator is the governor of the fuel pressure, regardless of the pump pressure.
The fuel pressure needs to be within the parameters set by the factory . . .
they do know where the 'sweet spot' lies.
Are you sticking with OEM injectors? Or upgrading to higher flow injectors?

The fuel pressure regulator is the governor of the fuel pressure, regardless of the pump pressure.
The fuel pressure needs to be within the parameters set by the factory . . .
they do know where the 'sweet spot' lies.
Are you sticking with OEM injectors? Or upgrading to higher flow injectors?
Thanks for your comment, i just want find out what will the best option be, but of nothing gonna change then as well stick to stock pump. I did think about high flow injectors but thats a different part of upgrade. Yeah, these guys know where that sweet spot is and they did test on test to get there. Anyway thanks for your input.

Back