Fuel Pump removal

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
Thinking about removing my fuel pump before painting the tank. I think I saw somewhere that it has o-rings instead of gaskets.
Is this true?
If so, can you remove the fuel pump and if the o-rings still look good, can it be reinstalled without new?

Yes , you should be able to re-use the large O'Ring as long as it is still the correct diameter after being de- compressed .

If it's going to be apart for awhile , might could look into price of a new one . Scary thought a gas leak in the area , any area for that matter

I JUST HAD MINE PAINTED A COUPLE MONTHS AGO,IF YOU HAVE A GOOD PAINTER HE WILL KNOW HOW TO TAPE IT SO YOU DONT HAVE TO REMOVE IT.I NEVER REMOVED MINE. GOOD LUCK
super.gif

Sometimes after taking out an O-ring,it can stretch and then not fit back in right,I say leavi it in or replace if taking it out.

Just my 2c

(brendanp @ Dec. 28 2006,17:22) Sometimes after taking out an O-ring,it can stretch and then not fit back in right,I say leavi it in or replace if taking it out.

Just my 2c
I would listen to brendanp..then again maybe I wouldn't listen to him..but then again I might listen..then again I might not.

tounge.gif

I reused mine, just made sure everything was clean, used compressed air, etc, tightened down evenly, etc.
No problems, No leakage, all OK.

Picture_1195.jpg

Back