Fuel Pump Relocation Pix-external

CWT2000

Registered
Anyone share pix of external fuel pump/filter for Gen 1? Looking for ideas as I'm wanting to relocate perhaps under tiger tail or seat...thank you

Anyone share pix of external fuel pump/filter for Gen 1? Looking for ideas as I'm wanting to relocate perhaps under tiger tail or seat...thank you
Hi. What pump are using? I am using a bosch 044 & an #6 fittings. If you are using a smaller pump Powerhouse #631-491-6767 has a bracket off the shock mount works & looks good! Call Frank at Powerhouse he can set you up!

I put mine just under and to the back of the battery tray. 2 meha zip ties and a bit of fuel line is all it took. I did source some un-kinkable line from a race shop.

I've tried to get pics. Too tightly packed in to see well. However? I can get pics and take a look and probably describe how to install and it's exact location.
There are couple if tricks to running the fuel line so it won't want to pinch. Mostly I ended up with a bit of fuel line looping into the space between the top of the front swingarm pivot area and the frame.
The other "trick" was retaining thw factory pivot connecter so the line wouldn't twist and bind.
I can look into this on Monday.
Meanwhile, you will need about 4 feet of fuel line, and preferabably non kinkable line.

Here are the pics. The return line is the stock hose, with stock fittings.
The supply line is "unkinkable". IF the supply line ever kinks the motor will melt...bad.

I hope the pics are clear enough to show the routing. I had to use the space between the top of the cases and the swingarm to allow for a soft arch in the line (avoids kinking). Also, you will likely need to adjust the wiring to be able to fully accommodate the fuel line and it's movement when the tank is lowered back into place. You will want to look at what the lines do as you close the tank, as a lot of movement will occur as the tank gets close to closing.

upload_2017-9-28_12-8-31.png

upload_2017-9-28_12-9-8.png

upload_2017-9-28_12-9-46.png

upload_2017-9-28_12-10-15.png

upload_2017-9-28_13-23-27.png

upload_2017-9-28_13-23-54.png

Last edited:
FYI: I used 3 zip ties to mount the fuel pump to the bottom rear of the battery tray. You will need to drill the required holes in your battery tray. The zip ties I used have stainless blades for tighteninging and they are rated for 75lbs each, but I'm sure some big fat zip ties from any store will work. Maybe just use 4? You certainly don't want the pump to ever come loose when it's close to the back tire.

Back