Fuel Pump not coming on?

UPDATE TIME

Ok I've checked all the wires to and from the fuel pump and they are all fine. I've also checked the clutch assy and the kick stand.The yellow wire hasn't been stretched out from the connector. and yes I've read and read all your suggestions to the letter.

Shall I say it.......

I guess I'll have to do the dealer??????!!!!!!

Sine Note: I know more bout my bike now than I would have never had the desire to know thanks to all you guys that make us smarter everyday!!!!

Last edited:
you obviously missed something. You've skipped to basic questions to answer...

1. Do you here an audible "click" when you first torn the iginitionswitch to the on position while also having the engine stop switch (handbar toggle) in the run position?

2. When you "hot wire" the fuel pump directly to a 12v battery does the pump run?

Cummuta not sure what you mean by audible click ? are you referring to the fuel pump relay maybe? Or the Gauges sweeping back to their original state?
And the stop switch is set to run

2. Yes I have already hot wired the fuel pump as you've described and the pump spins.

Last edited:
Just to keep everyone posted I've taken the bike to a mechanic that says I need the fuel pump. I'm in the process of getting a new pump but Suzuki only sells the whole assembly. I just need the pump so I'm trying to use a pump for a Suzuki car 2.0L engine and its 2000cc

I've also started another thread titled "OEM Fuel Pump" where I was just letting off some steam about the pricing of a new pump.

I will update both posts as I get new updated info!!!

UPDATE

First I wanted to say thanks to all of you for helping me through this rough time! All the PM's helped a bunch a I plan on continuing using the forum to gain more knowledge on the bike. I owe you all:beerchug:

The dealer has confirmed that the ECU has crapped out. They said they first did all the diagnosis for the c41 error code then finally swapped out the ECU with a know good one. Part runs at $400.00+ w/o a warrenty.

If yall know of any one trying to get rid of one let me know by PM

Thanks again riders and be safe out there:thumbsup::cheerleader:

UPDATE

The Busa is back:cheerleader: The dealer found me a ECU popped it in and now my baby is purring like a beast:laugh: Thanks to everyone that helped with the project!

Now I have to get some new tires:thumbsup:

Back