fuel pump/fmu questions

bubba_zenetti

Registered
what is a decent fuel pump i should look for to use on my newly aqquired peices of a mr turbo kit?

and does anyone have any reccomedations on a fmu? i am looking at begi but the thing is pretty large and i would like to find something that does not look like i am smuggling a small ufo under my tank
laugh.gif

The Vortech is the better choice over the Begi but a lot of guys run a begi myself included, also I think the vortech is more costly than the begi, on the fuel pump the bosch or walbro, any of the turbo builders can tell you the correct pump to use, if any of the guys want chime in that know the correct pump #s ?

begi is the most popular fmu. real easy to set, just make sure you get a restrictor in the vac line going to it. fuel pump, a walbro 255 is fairly popular

out of curiosity, what is the rate of the rising rate regulator i should be setting it up for? is it 1 psi for every 1 psi of boost or............?

I like the Cartech FMU rising rate and using a Vortech T-Rex fuel pump. The Cartech is adjustable for the rate of rising fuel pressure via a scre valve.

you should have about 85-90psi of fuel at 8lbs boost and idle at about 40lbs pressure.
Correct me if I'm wrong,.......but my understanding is that around 90 lbs. of fuel pressure can lock the injectors?
rock.gif
Anyone else with numbers?? Sorry,......I don't mean to start a whole different thread in the middle of this one.
corner2.png

Joe your absolutely correct on that. Barry and Richard both told me the same thing. You may be alright at 90 psi but why take a chance when letting it max at 80-85 psi you know things will perform correctly.

i had mine lock at 115 psi
i strong suggest going to secondaries and always will but just saying what injectors can take and what alot of people run them at

YOU NEED SLIGHTLY LARGER INJECTORS and run 90lbs at max. Thatn is why the rising reg works best. best is another injector which you have to be careful about when quotig lbs of fuel.

Back