FUEL PUMP conversion from '00 to '01

lensflare

Registered
hello guys,

i had very good time with my busa in this summer, but i'm always having the problems on the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulators, so i thought to have a fuel pump conversione from the outside pump of my 2000 busa to an inside tank pump of the following years busas...

now i'm wondering:

what should i buy?

fuel pump assembly only or even the tank is different?

is there any other difference in the injectors or orther parts?

if i should find a pump assembly from a 01-02 busa, it is enough to dismantle the old pump and install the new one in the tank to make it go?

thank you for your patience.

just another question:

the cam chain tensioner of the previous models (99-00) is good enough or should i think to buy an APE tensioner?
it is simple to install?

thank you very much, here in italy it is very difficult to find out someone with the necessary skill to answer my questions
biggrin.gif

lensZ

It can be done theres a post thread on this mod.. Search...

But you need the late model tank as well as the pump then wire the new style pump to the old wires after old pump removal.. then there was minor mods to make all the lines fit..

NO change to nothing else..

I too am thinking of doing this mod to cue my vapor lock issues..
bowdown.gif

Chain tensioner there was a recall.. If the factory won't do the recall then I would do the APE.. mine had the recall done..

thank you i will make the search....

it will be hard for me, can you tell me what keyword to put in the search string? my english is not perfect, i hope in a help
biggrin.gif

for the chain tensioner, i have bought my busa used, and i don't know if it was recalled for the tensioner.... do you think that it would be better to install an APE tensioner?

lesnZ

do you think that it would be better to install an APE tensioner?

lesnZ

YES..
And let me do a little searching for ya..
wink.gif

Qouted from fastphil73

Why not just buy a newer tank and pump assembly. I did it and have had no problems. Wiring is different but using plug from old pump and gas hand I spliced wires to new tank and plugged into old wiring harness. The only thing left is the fuel line. I relocated the fitting on the fuel rail to the other side (just pops apart and back together) and made sure it would not kink. Should not take more than a few hours work and some paint.

Which came from this link;

I did a search of vapor lock.. Hope this helps you..

Back