fuel pump block off with sending unit ??

arthur39

Registered
I wanted to keep the sending unit on my bike to keep the fuel gauge working. I saw this in Bigrod's earlier post, and wanted to do something similar. I am trying to find out is how to get the studs that measure resistance through the aluminum plate to the sending unit without coming in contact with the plate? A couple of pics as well

blockoff.jpg

sending.jpg

here's a pic off another forum, guy used nylon studs and nuts and tapped a steel stud through it, might consider doing this if no one know of a product that is readily available for this

308%20-%20Fuel%20Flange%20Wiring%20Passthroughs.jpg

finally got er done, 8an out 6an in, sending unit installed. Didn't want to loose my fuel gauge for the street. I like the block off because it saves space under the tank for plumbing. SAE Outlaw performance hooked me up with the block off plate and low profile breather. I used 5/16 nylon bolts with washers (tapped through the plate and sealed). I then tapped an 8/32 stud through the nylon bolt and sealed it with loctite 515. I used a 3/8 rod and welded it to the plate with a "shelf" on top to mount the sending unit. Now I just need an O ring :laugh:

sendbottom.jpg

sending.jpg

Looks good...kinked fuel lines are no good. Do you have a pic of the low profile breather? I have heard of some people having a flat plate with a nipple on top and routing a tube to a place away from the rear tire

I agree Greg, that would be handy. I have been looking as well and haven't found a block off plate that uses a sending unit yet.
I'm going to order one today and plan on making something like this thread. If it works out to be easy enough I'll see if I can get a couple made. My boss welds and this thread essentially has everything in it. Finally a very complete thread. I will be using Viton orings unless someone recommends something better.

Back