Fuel problem

1300busa

Registered
Hi All
I need help. My Gen 1 is running really rough, I have cleaned out the tank, put on an inline filter, new in pump filter
and cleaned the injectors. i took the bike for a blast of about 50 miles and was going good.
When I went out a couple of days later it was back to the rough running.
Can anyone help.
Thanks
Dek

I dont know if it will help but I use Wynns power charge in my 06 at least once or twice a year. It really really does an incredible job at cleaning the entire fuel system out. I know you have done that already but perhaps there is still something going on. What kind of rough running do you mean? Idle or cutting out or what. I am sure there are many who can get way more detailed help for you than I

It cost 20 bucks and 15 min of your time to change spark plugs. I just recently did mine and a world of difference. I was experiencing some of those same things you described

Also check your air filter and vacuum hoses. All easy stuff then work your way. Takes fuel, air and fire to make it run fuel is not always the problem.

What year of Gen I?

If it ran well for 50 miles,then whent south, then it is most likely some type of degenerative problem. Like something in the fuel delivery process has plugged again. I'm also not a fan of in-line filters unless they are specifically designed to allow fuel to flow at the factory rate,which I believe is 43 PSI.

On my first Gen I back in 2002 (bike was a 2000) I had to keep cleaning the screens on the injectors.I thought I had done an amazing job of cleaning the tank,but the tank liner had begun to sluff off. It wasn't untill I red-koted the tank did I get a permanant fix.

I would go back to the injector screens. I would also re-visit the inside of the tank.

Did it sit for a long time in storage,before the problem presented itself?

RSD.

Hi All
I need help. My Gen 1 is running really rough, I have cleaned out the tank, put on an inline filter, new in pump filter
and cleaned the injectors. i took the bike for a blast of about 50 miles and was going good.
When I went out a couple of days later it was back to the rough running.
Can anyone help.
Thanks
Dek

ok...what year is it...in pump filter?....new in line filter?

Back