fuel pressure

Jibit

Never Forgotten
How much pressure should I have with only running 5-6 pounds of boost?

How do I set it? I know with my cars it was all ran by vacuum so I pull the line off which simulates WOT and set it from there. Do the bikes work the same way?

Should be at 42 PSI if you are using stock injectors or secondaries. If you are using S2000, the fuel preassure is quite a bit lower and I just can't remember how mcuh it was, but could find out quick if that is your setup...

You change the fuel preassure by adjusting the fuel regulator. Loosen nut on regulator and use alan to turn right to increase preassure, left to decrease preassure...

right now I'm around 40 at idle. I've been told up towards 50 at idle and 80 at boost. Mechanic told me he seen as low as 30 (which is stupid to me but what do I know)

(Jibit @ Jul. 26 2007,02:42) right now I'm around 40 at idle.  I've been told up towards 50 at idle and 80 at boost.  Mechanic told me he seen as low as 30 (which is stupid to me but what do I know)
50 will be way too high and you will run rich for sure; 40 has worked fine for me, but I try to keep her at stock 42PSI...

30ish is generally used with S2000 injectors after replacing stockers... I think it was 28PSI if I remember correctly.

cool, thanks for the help!
beerchug.gif

My fuel pressure is at 36psi at idle and 90-100 at wot, I have stock injectors and I have had my bike tuned by 3 tuners. If you followed the history of my build, you would understand why I had it retuned that many times. Anyway according to my last 2 tuners (which I trust), the lower idle pressure is easier to manage for tuning and I haven't noticed any ill effects because of it in ridability.

if you' ve got a mechanial rissing rate fuel reg then the nor is stock or lower off boost and like others stated 85-105 on full boost.

My fuel pressure is at 36psi at idle and 90-100 at wot, I have stock injectors and I have had my bike tuned by 3 tuners. If you followed the history of my build, you would understand why I had it retuned that many times. Anyway according to my last 2 tuners (which I trust), the lower idle pressure is easier to manage for tuning and I haven't noticed any ill effects because of it in ridability.

yer pressure seems out of wack....instock form a busa runs 43 psi

under boost mine exceeds 70 psi.

Should be at 42 PSI if you are using stock injectors or secondaries. If you are using S2000, the fuel preassure is quite a bit lower and I just can't remember how mcuh it was, but could find out quick if that is your setup...

You change the fuel preassure by adjusting the fuel regulator. Loosen nut on regulator and use alan to turn right to increase preassure, left to decrease preassure...

uuhhm turning the screw left (in) raises the pressure right(out) lowers it:thumbsup:

Guys im killing myself trying to solve my problem. i could not find a connector to check fuel pressure that firt stock screw. so i placed a t inbetween the fuel pump and fuel rail. is this good?? it climbs to 40 when i turn key on but very gradually goes back down like 10 every 2 seconds. is this rightt. My bike does not start but turns over. when i attempt to crank the pressure does not go up to 40. petcock? pump? i been trying to fic this all winter. 2000 busa 10,000 miles

Try bumping the base pressure to 43 or 45 , pressure drop once the pump finishes cycling is normal , and not reaching full pressure during cranking may be due to power use starting.
PC3r or usb ?? i have had starting probs with a 3r and had to remove the PC from the crank pickup circuit.

Back