Fuel pressure regulator

OB_gsx1300rguy

Registered
Hey I seen a few posts complaining about the busa`s fuel delivery system....I was wondering if anybody has tried the Dynojet high pressure regulator and if so how did it work?

Dynojets high pressure regulator is a GSXR750 part, how they arranged the list on their site makes for some confusion. If you go back and look again you will see an * besides the listing and it refers you back to the GSXR750.

Blocking the return line is actually what a pressure regulator does. If you put a small restriction in the return line, the fuel pressure will go up, as will the temp of the fuel and pump.

Are you sure about that? When I took my pump apart it looks like the return line was on the primary side of the pump and the regulators output was on the secondary.If the return line came off the fuel rail I could see how that would be the case.Blocking the return line at the pump would also increase pressure in the pumps primary side and to the regulator with the above problems (heat) thats why I dont want to do that.By increasing spring pressure on the regulators diaphragm or reducing the out puts diameter (which would decrease gpm output) is usually the way its done "correctly" I guess thats what I was looking for I.E. what Dynojet has done for the GSXR 750`s regulator.

No, actually I'm not sure. The Hayabusa may be a different design than what I was referring to. The design I am referring to would have the pump output going to the fuel rail, the regulator would be at the end of the fuel rail with a fuel return line going out of the actual regulator itself. To be perfectly honest, I'm not familiar at all with the Hayabusa fuel delivery system. I was speaking in a general sense, so that may not apply to the Hayabusa.

The standard fuel injection system is setup like you say...The Busa`s is unique and to be honost I think cost was the major factor in its design rather than all out performance and adjustability ,a rail mounted system is much more efficient ,that the system on the Busa flows enough fuel at all is baffling to me.

Back