Fuel not reading correct, please guide me

Kidn1980

Registered
I have an 06 and I know I have fuel and 70miles deep and low fuel light comes on and then turns off and I get code 92 I believe.how many miles should I get from one full tank? To my knowledge it’s a the sending unit, can someone point me in the right direction on how to test/troubleshoot and what to replace please thank you.

I have an 06 and I know I have fuel and 70miles deep and low fuel light comes on and then turns off and I get code 92 I believe.how many miles should I get from one full tank? To my knowledge it’s a the sending unit, can someone point me in the right direction on how to test/troubleshoot and what to replace please thank you.

What is Code 92?

How did you find this ‘code 92’ ?
What level was the gauge pointing at when the low fuel light came on and how long did the light stay on?
Depending on how you use the throttle you should get 180 miles on a full tank if you are careful and conservative on the throttle.
If you ride it like ya stole it about 20% less .
To check the sender it needs to be removed from the tank and with an ohm meter connected to the plug, the float is swept through its arc and the meter should show smooth transition through the range.
Also clean the rheostat with brake cleaner spirit.

What is
Code 92 ?

:poke:

#FaultCode92 ~ #FuelNotReadingCorrect ~ #TestProcedure ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
So sorry for the late response but I wasn’t around bike but now I’m back. So back to this problem I have not had a chance to test not troubleshoot yet but will be doing here very soon. So as for replacing the sending unit or what “exactly” am I going to replace or better yet part number please.

So sorry for the late response but I wasn’t around bike but now I’m back. So back to this problem I have not had a chance to test not troubleshoot yet but will be doing here very soon. So as for replacing the sending unit or what “exactly” am I going to replace or better yet part number please.

Just as guide, maybe do what kiwi rider suggested first before replacing parts. May just need a clean.. After all, he's the one with the knowledge.
Otherwise there's heaps of places on the net where you can grab the correct part number: Dr google is your friend

Back