fuel injector cleaner

makahabusa

Registered
does anybody out there use a fuel injector cleaner for their busa on a regular basis......and if so what brand do you recommend?......i've got this rough idle thing going on with the busa @ present.....could be the plugs or dirty injectors...any thoughts
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

How long have you had it and what year is it ? Both mine have had a little roughness to them, just like any high perfomance engine.

IVe got over 20000 miles on mine and have never run any cleaner, Maybe some real good U4 gas and Mr 9 . That cleans it out:D

If your idle is low it will seem worse . Idle should be 1100 . Also a TRE will help smooth it out. is it dying on you ?

i run 87octane in my busa and just adjusted my idle to around 1100-1200. prior to my adjustment....it was idling at 800-900 and was pretty rough.???

still runs a little rough...i'll give the busa some time..thanks for the help:) anybody out there use a fuel injector cleaner made by "Chevron"?

still runs a little rough...i'll give the busa some time..thanks for the help:)  anybody out there use a fuel injector cleaner made by "Chevron"?
Chevron with Techron or what ever they call it....that'll work. I think that one bottle treats about 20gals....so get one bottle and go to the gas station as low on fuel as you can and pour in 1/2 of the cleaner and top off the tank with fuel. Run that whole tank of fuel through the bike and that should clear everything up    
wink.gif
 Save the other 1/2 of the cleaner and do this treatment again in a few months. I would recommend doing this every 2000-3000 miles just as preventative maintenance. When you run that first tank of cleaner through it, give it a good run on the freeway for at least a 1/2 hour at 5000RPM or more.

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111303961 -->

If you read your manual it also says obey all traffic laws .:D . I've always used premium and haven't had any problems I have heard that drag racing you should use 89 octane.

any fuel inj. cleaner if used wromg will f%& up your sparkplugs so used the wright measure for the amount of galons that you have on your bike. so don't drop a full bottle on your baby...

Back