FUEL INJECTION PROGRAMMER

BOKMAN

Registered
I have a 2000 model Busa with Micron slip-ons and no fuel injector programer. The throttle response is a little abrupt at real low rpm in first gear or when pushing hard through the twisties. I just put on a TFI control box on my VTX1800 cruiser and it works great! Easy installation, just set it at the recommended settings and all is well. If I take it off, it reverts back to stock programming. If i want to tune some more I just turn some dials (It works from the same tuning principals as carbs). Has anyone tried this box on a Busa? How did it work? I'm nervous about working with a Power Commander. Having to download maps off the net is a bit too high tech for me! Also concerned about fouling up the stock programing and not being able to reset it back to stock with the Power Commander. Just looking for some good advise. THANKS!

Get the power commander. You only have to download one pack of mape and the programming could be done by my 6 year old daughter.

I have a 2000 model Busa with Micron slip-ons and no fuel injector programer.  The throttle response is a little abrupt at real low rpm in first gear or when pushing hard through the twisties.  I just put on a TFI control box on my VTX1800 cruiser and it works great!  Easy installation, just set it at the recommended settings and all is well.  If I take it off, it reverts back to stock programming.  If i want to tune some more I just turn some dials (It works from the same tuning principals as carbs).  Has anyone tried this box on a Busa? How did it work?  I'm nervous about working with a Power Commander.  Having to download maps off the net is a bit too high tech for me! Also concerned about fouling up the stock programing and not being able to reset it back to stock with the Power Commander.  Just looking for some good advise.  THANKS!
if it can not subtract fuel why would you want it?
the same for your VTX (it really runs rich)

I have a 2000 model Busa with Micron slip-ons and no fuel injector programer.  The throttle response is a little abrupt at real low rpm in first gear or when pushing hard through the twisties.  I just put on a TFI control box on my VTX1800 cruiser and it works great!  Easy installation, just set it at the recommended settings and all is well.  If I take it off, it reverts back to stock programming.  If i want to tune some more I just turn some dials (It works from the same tuning principals as carbs).  Has anyone tried this box on a Busa? How did it work?  I'm nervous about working with a Power Commander.  Having to download maps off the net is a bit too high tech for me! Also concerned about fouling up the stock programing and not being able to reset it back to stock with the Power Commander.  Just looking for some good advise.  THANKS!
The map stays In the PC You aren't changing the ECU programing at all. There is no need to worry about screwing up the stock programing.

The map stays In the PC You aren't changing the ECU programing at all. There is no need to worry about screwing up the stock programing. [/QUOTE]

...What he and the others said!! I suggest you get a PC3 USB it is very easy to use... It comes with detailed instructions... pretty easy to use, if you have basic computer knowledge!!

Johnnycheese, The VTX runs lean from the factory and the new pipe just further agravates the problem. I am under the understanding that the Busa (and most other stock bikes) are set up lean to meet EPA requirements. Can anyone else confirm this?

Johnnycheese, The VTX runs lean from the factory and the new pipe just further agravates the problem.  I am under the understanding that the Busa (and most other stock bikes) are set up lean to meet EPA requirements.  Can anyone else confirm this?
Ya Right Hahahahahahaha
look at a custom tuned VTX map (I do plenty) and see how many negitive numbers there are

Back