Fuel injection light

321CYA

Registered
I have problem with my 03 busa I have the MPS Dry shot and Fast FI Box, Today Im playing on my favorite road and Im hitting the juice in 4 thru 6 and not once did I hit rev limiter but my FI light came on and stayed on and the only way to turn off the light was to hit the Kill switch off than on.... Has this happen you?

rock.gif
Ask Goldenchild.

do you have a co2 shifter ?
as soon as i hit the button my fi light comes on (mps box)

I spoke w Goldenchild last night and what he told me makes alot of sense, I dont have the air shifter as yet however the FI light was detecting a fault as it reads the airbox sensor....btw it doesnt come on at every spray, but just enough for me to have a concern  
rock.gif
Hey Chevelle does your light extinguish after you shift again or does it stay on, because I will pick up an MPS air shifter in the next week or so.... I need some insight so I know what to be expecting..

Thanks In Advance

<!--EDIT|321CYA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145881517 -->

for the first month on the bike the light never came on.....but for the last year anytime i hit the button the light comes on,and stays on (until you turn the key off)

the btc box that i use for the n2o does not turn the light on

<!--EDIT|chevelle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145905145 -->

When you run a dry shot,,, and the bike isn't tuned properly, its going to run very lean,,, while your spraying it!!!! Thats why your pulling the FI light.
Does it shut off after you stop spraying or do you have to shut the bike off??
Be careful, or expensive repairs could be in your future!!!

The light doesnt go out without recycling the kill switch..however when the NOS was installed i made sure that the duty cycle of the injectors did not exceed 85%. I cant see how Im going lean if my settings did not allow it...Just curious, furthermore the bike still runs like a bat out of hell even with the FI light on
rock.gif

The light doesnt go out without recycling the kill switch..however when the NOS was installed i made sure that the duty cycle of the injectors did not exceed 85%.  I cant see how Im going lean if my settings did not allow it...Just curious, furthermore the bike still runs like a bat out of hell even with the FI light on  
rock.gif
You'll need to bring it and have it dyno tuned.

A busa doesn't have an O2 sensor, there is no way for the FI system to know the A/F mix (after it is burnt). I'd say when you spray the cold NO2 is chilling your incoming air sensor enough for the puter to read it is faulty
Another thought, if it makes the light come on, it should store that code.(Even if the light is no longer on) If you run a self diagnostic on it....you should know what sensor is giving the faulty reading.

<!--EDIT|BrutalBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146790664 -->

He should not be lean with the fast FI box, Most likley a little rich with the instant rich activated.

When you run a dry shot,,, and the bike isn't tuned properly, its going to run very lean,,, while your spraying it!!!! Thats why your pulling the FI light.
Does it shut off after you stop spraying or do you have to shut the bike off??
Be careful, or expensive repairs could be in your future!!!
True in the first part of that statement and that is Not true why his light is coming on,it will throw a light on even if tuned properly,it is the sensor catching the cold air to late to compensate so it flashes the light...

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148693176 -->

Get it on a dyno and check the AF, you are running a big dry shot but i would say that you are good to go with the fast fi box.

As for your conscern about the airshifter causing the FI light to come on, my MPS autoshifter will trip the FI light when the delay is set for too long. You will have to play with it to get it set just right.

Back