Fuel injection light came on

edubb1971

Registered
I was riding home and all of a sudden my FI light comes on, and the bike starts to sputter. This comes out of nowhere so I don't even know where to start. So i finally get the bike home (on back roads) just in case. I'm about to put it in the garage, and smell fuel. So i take the side fairings off, but cannot see anything. Also noticed gas on the end of my exhaust pipe?
So i figured get this problem to the board asap. Any thought, input. i'm going crazy over here.
rant.gif

Where to start! Jump the diagnostic plug to C what code is there
rock.gif
The problem with all you have plugged in is what is wrong is sooo much harder to find. If it isn't a simple thing you find? I start unpluggin things to eliminate and verify it isn't the problem. Obviously you aren't running on all cyl. Did you do all those mods??
beerchug.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Jul. 22 2007,05:31) Where to start! Jump the diagnostic plug to C what code is there
rock.gif
The problem with all you have plugged in is what is wrong is sooo much harder to find. If it isn't a simple thing you find? I start unpluggin things to eliminate and verify it isn't the problem. Obviously you aren't running on all cyl. Did you do all those mods??
beerchug.gif
No the bike had all the mods, except the spray and exhaust. But Have had this way since 04. Also went out today to see what happens.

Started the bike the light was off. Took it around the block and ran fine, so I'm now clueless. Don't know if i got bad gas or what.

Where was the fuel on the exhaust at, the can or the end of the pipe below the pegs. Chech your fuel pump and lines for leaks. You should never have fuel leaking externally. I would start there. Also if you have wet jet injection for your nos, check your fuel rail and injectors.

the end of the can, and when I parked it overnight I noticed it was a little on the floor below the headers

Back