Fuel Inj. Pump ....  Problem...

Fan2zee

Registered
Just got my tank back from the painter. I reinstalled it and when I turn the key on to power up, the fuel pump doesn't charge up for those 2-3 seconds.

I check fuse's, all good.

Any Ideas?

Is there gas in the tank?....some people actually forget to gas up.

<!--EDIT|RoughNeck
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136249598 -->

are you sure you don`t forget to connect your FP?
smile.gif

Is your battery ok?
I have almost new FP if yours dead. 2004, 500 miles on it and it`s working for sure.
smile.gif

$75 TYD

smile.gif

Get out the test light and check for power at pump,if ya got power then check for a good ground.If ya got power and ground and it still dont run the pumps bad.Sometimes tapping the pump lightly will get it running again.But i wouldnt trust it if thats the case.[could be internally shorted]Also when checking for power do it during the first few seconds after turning the key on or you wont find power there till bike starts

Is there gas in the tank?....some people actually forget to gas up.
<ul>
[*]Yes, there is approx. 2 gallons of gas.
[*]The plug from the fp is plugged up.
[*]The Tip-Over is in the correct postion, not upside down.
[*]The FP is not charging up when I turn the key on.
[*]The emergency switch is off.
[/list]

[*]The emergency switch is off.
Turn it on
<ul>
[*]Miss worded, The switch is ON.
[*]Battery is fully charged.
[/list]

<ul>
[*]Also, when I turn the key on, the temperature needle shoots all the way up to HOT position, even though I haven't cranked the bike.
[*]
[*]My NOS switch is connected to my starter button and I just notice that the NOS is not activating either. The NOS will work with the Key On and the bike doesn't have to be running.
[*]
[*]On your Busa, if you turn the key on with the Emergency switch off, what does your FP do?
[/list]

Another Note:

<ul>
[*]If my NOS is activated before I hit the starter button, it will not crank...but the NOS will still work.
[*]I checked the NOS toggle switch both ways and the FP still will not charge "come on for 2-3 seconds"..
[/list]

<ul>
[*]On the battery I'm getting between 12.8 & 13.0 volts.
[*]I tried tapping on the FP, as suggested.
[/list]

Still nothing from the FP...

Back