fuel guage reading 140 psi

Hit Man

Registered
Does anyone have any theories on why my fuel guage is showing 140psi @ 5#s of boost.I just replaced a few vacuum hoses that were cracked.The boost will not get higher than 5#s, normal boost is 8#s on the wastegate. I disconnected the boost controller and saw no changes.

Does anyone have any theories on why my fuel guage is showing 140psi @ 5#s of boost.I just replaced a few vacuum hoses that were cracked.The boost will not get higher than 5#s, normal boost is 8#s on the wastegate. I disconnected the boost controller and saw no changes.

gauge is screwed up?

My gixxer kit had old dry rotted lines...I replaced them and gained back 5 psi. But you are talking 50+ psi

I would guess a faulty gauge.

I changed the lines and reconnected the wastegate line, I disconnected the boost controller, and checked the throttlebodies for leaks or open connections.The lines have been on since Feb. '08.

Last edited:
Its running nornal until I give it full throttle, but the guage shows the rise climbing faster than normal.On full throttle it runs crappy like its loosing boost or running too rich to pull cleanly through the rpms.

I noticed the return line on the fmu collapsed 2" before the tank. When I bolt the tank down, the line would twist and pinch off the path for fuel to return, therefore raising pressure through the roof. The shims in the fmu did not crack because the pressure was never applied to them. All of this came from yet another dry rotted line.

I noticed the return line on the fmu collapsed 2" before the tank. When I bolt the tank down, the line would twist and pinch off the path for fuel to return, therefore raising pressure through the roof. The shims in the fmu did not crack because the pressure was never applied to them. All of this came from yet another dry rotted line.

If your fuel system had 140 psi in it then the shims did see the pressure, even though it was not the FMU raising the pressure it was still subjected to the pressure, check the shims just to be sure,

Richard

Back