fuel gauge

yeah so that reset didnt work i used a 2009 manual. that was for the speedometer needdles. any one else gotanything

You could run the fuel down, remove the seat and lift the tank then set it down firmly. This may dislodge the float. Other than that, you will have to take the pump out and go from there.

You could run the fuel down, remove the seat and lift the tank then set it down firmly. This may dislodge the float. Other than that, you will have to take the pump out and go from there.

Wait....does the busa even use a manual float? ???

has to have some kind of float for the gage to read or the ecu to read and tell the gage its got fuel or empty ex ,, i say give it a good smaking or just take it out and see what the deal is ,

has to have some kind of float for the gage to read or the ecu to read and tell the gage its got fuel or empty ex ,, i say give it a good smaking or just take it out and see what the deal is ,

I think it's done with sensors now a days, not so much a manual float; then again, I've never had to take my fuel pump out so I am by no means an expert on the subject.

I agree that you should probably take the pump out and give it a stern talking to! :rofl:

I think it's done with sensors now a days, not so much a manual float; then again, I've never had to take my fuel pump out so I am by no means an expert on the subject.

I agree that you should probably take the pump out and give it a stern talking to! :rofl:

Your probably right, I had not even thought of that when I posted about smacking the tank around a bit. Since this new information has come to light, I would reference the service manual and go from there.

Your probably right, I had not even thought of that when I posted about smacking the tank around a bit. Since this new information has come to light, I would reference the service manual and go from there.

My initial thought was that it needs a good dose of mag-lite maintenance, but then I thought...eh..it's gotta have some wiz-bang gizmo in there that would break.

I would check wires, then pull it :whistle:

The needle wont move for the first 80 miles or so...then it drops.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back