Fuel gauge placement

markwt

Registered
I have seen diagrams showing the fuel gauge in different locations, before the fuel the fuel rail, in between fuel rail and regulator, and even seen after the regulator in the return line. Is there a specific place to put it that is better than another.

do you mean fuel pressure? I have a T fitting just before the fuel rail...the kit came with a T fitting that went between the injectors...it should display the same value either way..so I think.

I do not have a kit, I built my kit from scratch. It has been much more difficult but I have learned to ton, guess that's how it usually goes. I just wanted to make sure I have the feul pressure gauge in the right place before I measure and order my braided stainless lines. Thanks for input guys

Ok, then let me ask you this. How are you going to configure your fuel system? You running secondaries?

Lastly, I'd advise against running steel braided line. Braided line likes to rub, and wear through things that it touches. Like wires, vaccum lines ect. It's also less flexable then the rubber push loc lines.

No secondaries. Tank to fuel filter, fuel pump, in rail, out rail to Begi, back to tank. Thanks for input on stainless lines, so you are just using high pressure rubber hose with push lock fittings. I have everything set up an 6an fittings, what size hose will work with the 6an fittings.

Ok, that configuration is correct.

No, not juat any line. You need socket less line. Like areoquip or Parker. Those lines are specially made for push on fittings.

Be careful with the aeroquip hose and non aeroquip fittings. I ran the jegs push lock 6an with aeroquip socketless hose and it deteriorated with C16. I've since switched the nylon lined stainless braided line. factory crimped from NX. No more issues with line collapse / filter contamination.

Line deterioration isn't a result of using brad x fittings with brand y lines. If the hose is going to deteriorate, it won't matter what fittings are on it.

I prefer Parker lines, but I have had areoquip lines on my personal bike for the last 4 years, and they are fine, even with jegs fittings.

How long did you let the fuel sit in the lines for?

I used to always use the blue aeroquip line that velocity racing used. Used several different manufactures of fittings with the same line. Ran c16 in my turbo gsxr 1000 at the track and pump on the street most of the time. Their were several times it had nothing but c16 in it for several months at a time. Never had a problem. c16 should not be any harder on any thing then pump gas.
summit racing, parker, earls, aeroquip all make some good line. I try to use steel braided line the least amount possible for the reasons mentioned above. If I do run braided line for nitrous lines, oil feed to turbo, etc.. I have some black spiral cut plastic wrap that I wrap the braided line in to make sure it does not vibrate or rub against any thing.

Murdered, on the push lock fittings, are you also using a metal zip banding on the end or is just pressing fitting in secure enough for pressure of fuel line.

Line deterioration isn't a result of using brad x fittings with brand y lines. If the hose is going to deteriorate, it won't matter what fittings are on it.

I prefer Parker lines, but I have had areoquip lines on my personal bike for the last 4 years, and they are fine, even with jegs fittings.

How long did you let the fuel sit in the lines for?
I need your help I'll be starting my first busa project install mr.turbo kit

NOPE. DO NOT CONTACT HIM. Boosted Cycle Performance is a piece of poop who kept people’s bikes for years and returned them in bad shape. Do not contact him unless you want to throw money away.

Back