Fuel filter mod

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself' started by chrisjp, Jun 25, 2013.

1. mabupa

mabupa Registered

Contests won:
    Aren't those hoses like $15 used on eBay with those fittings attached to it? I remember looking into this while ago.

2. gack

gack Registered

Contests won:
    Yes but it will still take probably a couple of weeks to get to Canada. I have a ride planned for next weekend that I'll have to cancel if I can't figure out a fix before then.

3. mabupa

mabupa Registered

Contests won:
    Ok. Didn't see your location at first, sorry.! I hope you can get the parts quick.

4. gack

gack Registered

Contests won:
    I found a connector that fits well at an auto parts store. Seems to be holding pressure without leeking but I left my lines to long so they kink when I drop the tank. I'll shorten them tomorrow and should all be good. Fired up and ran at least.

mabupa likes this.
  5. gack

gack Registered

Contests won:
    Mod worked great but I didn't like the way the fuel lines were sitting/bending when I first installed it so I bought a smaller filter and a couple of unicoils to ease the bend in the lines. pretty happy with it now. The pictures shows the mod before I zapped it to the wiring harness.

filter mod.jpg

6. oldjabberwocky

oldjabberwocky Registered

Contests won:
    Hi, thank you for a detailed modification, very much appreciated.
    I'm planning on doing it to my bike this winter, are there any changes you would make now after having it for awhile?
    Also never heard of a unicoil until today, looks like a winner.
    Thanks again.

7. gack

gack Registered

Contests won:
    I just sold that bike but for the two months after the mod it was great. Pretty sure I'll do it the same way on the new bike.