fuel filter again...

Mikey D

Registered
I tried it in the Busa problems section and got 36 looks but no answers so here goes (maybe I got it in the correct section this time...)

Silly fuel filter is plugged up. 2 years ago I choked when I saw the $218 tag on a new filter so I improvised a back flush device (water bottle full of gas with a fuel line going to the out-put of the filter, squeeze and repeat 25 - 30x) and cleaned out the old one. I got quite the handful of grunge out, should have weighed it but didn't. It worked great for the last 2 years but alas and alack, the problem is back.

Is there any mod or fix or replacement or sumptin for the 02 fuel filter. I keep gagging on a $200 consumable that doesn't stick me to the asphalt!

Any inexpensive replacements that are worthwhile?

Thanks in advance!

Mikey

My first thought would be to find out where all the gunk is coming from. Is your tank rusting on the inside? Solve the gunk issue and put a new filter on it, best bet for the long run. Hit up HondaEastToledo for a filter price. If you can get it for 200 you are doing good, my local dealers price is 319.00.

Last edited:
200-319 dollars for a fuel filter? They made of platinum or something? That's absurd. I see a modification coming when mine needs replacing.

I put an inline filter on my 99 and I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to. They're literally like $5 at any parts store. Put it between the pump and the fuel rail, in the fuel line. Change every other season or so. Leave the stock area empty.

Back