fuel consumption

mario_250r

Registered
Hi guys, how much petrol you busa`s eating
rock.gif

Mine was alright until a month ago, doing maybe 200 miles until the yellow light go on and now after 100 miles or les the light go on, when i refuel i put about 18 liters back, so 18 liters per 100 mile
rock.gif
What could be wrong ?

Thanks !!!

rock.gif

I don`t know, i din`t push it too much, could be from air filter, I have the bike longer than 1 year and never changed or cleaned
rock.gif
I was thinking to put an k&n air filter. You think is good idea ?

18 l per 100 kilometers is about 3 times as much as it should be. R u sure nobody stole your gas?
I mean petrol.
all_coholic.gif

oops, sorry, my fault but still too much. anything less then 30 miles per gallon is excessive.
air filter could be contributing to that but Not that much.

8 litresper 100 miles sounds about right. Onboard computer is pretty accurate. Did you smell gas in the exhaust fumes? How is bike temperature? Is it normal or low?

temperature is normal, like before and I don`t think somebody is stealing the petrol
biggrin.gif
All normal except consumption. now I have 43 miles done and tank is half ! Tomorrow I will get air filter out maybe is dirty, I will put a k&n cause I heard those are better and test again for consumption. I will pray in the meantime !

If it's that bad, you could have a leak. Many years ago, I had a Mustang that suddenly started going empty. Turned out to be a 22 bullet hole in the gas tank.

(mario_250r @ May 16 2007,21:36) Hi guys,  how much petrol you busa`s  eating
rock.gif

Mine was alright until a month ago, doing maybe 200 miles until the yellow light go on and now after 100 miles or les the light go on,  when i refuel i put about 18 liters back, so 18 liters per 100 mile
rock.gif
 What could be wrong ?

Thanks !!!
200 MILES before yellow light is unbelievable.150 is very good.at least for mine with no modifications on highways and average speed round 90miles.check your supplier.I use super unleaded of 100 octs

rock.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 16 2007,22:flamethrowing:) 8 litresper 100 miles sounds about right.  Onboard computer is pretty accurate.  Did you smell gas in the exhaust fumes? How is bike temperature? Is it normal or low?
onboard computer is very accurate accordind to the odo readings which are false.100 miles for odo are 86 real

(micbusathens @ May 17 2007,19:17)
(mario_250r @ May 16 2007,21:36) Hi guys,  how much petrol you busa`s  eating
rock.gif

Mine was alright until a month ago, doing maybe 200 miles until the yellow light go on and now after 100 miles or les the light go on,  when i refuel i put about 18 liters back, so 18 liters per 100 mile
rock.gif
 What could be wrong ?

Thanks !!!
200 MILES before yellow light is unbelievable.150 is very good.at least for mine with no modifications on highways and average speed round 90miles.check your supplier.I use super unleaded of 100 octs
keep in mind that mine needs 16 lits when the yellow light turns on.By the way,is your tank in the factory shape or did you hammer it for stunds
laugh.gif

rock.gif

ok, I cleaned the filter, fill up the tank and went for a spin, 9 liters per 100 km. I think is oky now. I don`t know what was the problem cause is too big difference from maybe 17l/100km to 9l/100km. I don`t think the problem was the filter, anyway I`m just glad is oky now
smile.gif
I`m still waiting for the K&N filter to put it on.
smile.gif

My bike is stock, now just put scorpion exhaust, K&N filter, power commander, and NOS
biggrin.gif
Maybe in three weeks it`s all ready .

Thanks for help !!! This is definitely the best busa forum ever !

smile.gif

Back