Fuel consumption

I have the same color busa...
cool.gif
thats one cool color.

130Km for a tank is afuly low....!!! I come to sigapore regularly so I know the kind of traffic you have there. Typically you will get a lesser milage than what people get in the US... cause of the traffic, but then again 130 is very very low... something is fefinetly not right mate!!!

Have you taken it to a suzuki dealer... what have they gotta say to you
rock.gif
I have already remapped it to zero and so far I only gained 10km more....hahaha....Anyway, I went to another dealer and they have a newly built Dyno room. The mechanic there told me he can redo the setting back to factory, the terms he use is TEKA....Do anyone of u guys knows what's that? *dumb*

when I got my 2000 the gas mileage was horrible. It turns out that there was a recall done on the cam chain tensioner and when they put it back together the put the cam chain on wrong. It was a tooth off. If you can put it on the dyno and this will show it things are running right. My bike was almost 40 horsepower lower then it should have been. Once things were right it ran much better and my gas mileage was a lot better.

when I got my 2000 the gas mileage was horrible.  It turns out that there was a recall done on the cam chain tensioner and when they put it back together the put the cam chain on wrong.  It was a tooth off.  If you can put it on the dyno and this will show it things are running right.  My bike was almost 40 horsepower lower then it should have been.  Once things were right it ran much better and my gas mileage was a lot better.
Ok, point taken. Thanks..

today, when i was riding back home, suddenly my busa just went dead. Tried to start it a couple of times but failed. Suddenly, I realised, maybe it was the plug. Cause the 1st day when i brought her out from the dealer, it suddenly stopped. Upon checking, they found that the plugs went kawput! So I took the initiative to change em. Luckily I did keep a spare when my track days with my gixxer 1000-K3. It was an NGK Iridium plugs. So I changed it and Viola!!! It started running again. It is those plugs which were dead. But how can it went dead for just a couple of kilometres? I just changed it few days ago. By now, I knew that something was wrong. BTW, the plug that i took off was really bad. Really blacked like it was overburnt.....what could be the cause?

bad fuel, improper tuning, also check your plugs again soon, if the new ones get that black that quick, you may have an internal mechanical problem.

I read what you all say. I have had my 03 for just over 2 years now and average about 50 mpg. Obviously if you rev the bike to the red line in every gear you are not likely to get many mpg.
We do a European tour every year 2 up fully loaded and last year averaged 52 mpg (imperial). That is doing a normal touring speed and probably not exceeding 130mph, but then why would you want to 2 up. I have never had worse than 45 mpg and thats taking the bike up to an indicated 170mph.
Something must be seriously wrong to get the mpg you are talking about or you red line in every gear.!!!!!!!

I read what you all say. I have had my 03 for just over 2 years now and average about 50 mpg. Obviously if you rev the bike to the red line in every gear you are not likely to get many mpg.
We do a European tour every year 2 up fully loaded and last year averaged 52 mpg (imperial). That is doing a normal touring speed and probably not exceeding 130mph, but then why would you want to 2 up. I have never had worse than 45 mpg and thats taking the bike up to an indicated 170mph.
Something must be seriously wrong to get the mpg you are talking about or you red line in every gear.!!!!!!!
Trust me, in Singapore road, you can't rev more than 4000rpm. There's traffic lights everywhere. And when you reacah the so called higway which is a stretch of 20km long average, there's speed camera everywhere. Trust me, it sucks!! We can only go as fast as 300km/h when riding up north to Malaysia...But I haven't went there yet, fearing I might not the next petrol station....

I'll be sending my busa today. If the problems persist, I'll burn it and claimed the insurance....hahahaha.....just kidding.

Trust me, in Singapore road, you can't rev more than 4000rpm. There's traffic lights everywhere. And when you reacah the so called higway which is a stretch of 20km long average, there's speed camera everywhere. Trust me, it sucks!! We can only go as fast as 300km/h when riding up north to Malaysia...But I haven't went there yet, fearing I might not the next petrol station....

I'll be sending my busa today. If the problems persist, I'll burn it and claimed the insurance....hahahaha.....just kidding.
face7.gif

After much checking, the dealer told me that the problem is one of those injectors. That is why the petrol consumption is high. But if the injectors are the main problem, I think it will consume less instead of more. What do you guys think?

It might be that the injector is sticking open all the time. This would account for the extremely horrible fuel consumption and also your plug problem. Since the cylinder is getting too much fuel it is fouling the plug out.

My Damn bike is still at the dealer. It's been in and out of the delaer ever since. I think I really had it with the bike. Stupid damn dealer knows nothing about the problem. It's drinking fuel like water!!! 8km per litre!!...

Anyway, just now I went over to another dealer. The bike was sent over for another expert to look at. This time he claimed that the fuel injector they replaced was wrong. M bike is a 2002 model and the injector which the other dealer replaced was a 1999 model.

Is it true that the injector of these two makes are different?
Is it true that 1999 injectors have bigger fuel flow that the other?

I run 16/42 for sprockets and can get around 175-180miles out of a tank, so whatever the conversion is to metric. Right around 42mpg going around 75-80 mph but occasionally blasting to 140 or so.

Is it true that the injector of these two makes are different?
Is it true that 1999 injectors have bigger fuel flow that the other?

Back