Fuel consumption

neo_yamakasi

Registered
Hie guys, I need your help. I just bought a 2nd hand busa 2 days ago. The problem is I can't believe the fuel fuel consumption. 130km for a full tank petrol!!!!
rock.gif
!!!??!? What the heck??? I went to the dealer to get it remapped back to it's original factory condition but it is still consume the same amount of petrol. What seems to be the problem or have it been tampered with? The bike is in original condition and everything looks ok to me......

HELP!!!

Hie guys, I need your help. I just bought a 2nd hand busa 2 days ago. The problem is I can't believe the fuel fuel consumption. 130km for a full tank petrol!!!!
rock.gif
!!!??!? What the heck??? I went to the dealer to get it remapped back to it's original factory condition but it is still consume the same amount of petrol. What seems to be the problem or have it been tampered with? The bike is in original condition and everything looks ok to me......

HELP!!!
Is the ECU being bypassed?  Maybe a Power Commander or something?  70 miles per tank seems increadably low!  Something is wrong there. I think you should be getting 250-280 kpg.

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "conversion"|1122605133 -->

Thats way off .. Should be getting around the 40 ish to the gallon

rock.gif

HELP!!!
Is the ECU being bypassed?  Maybe a Power Commander or something?  70 miles per tank seems increadably low!  Something is wrong there.  I think you should be getting 250-280 kpg.
I'm kinda new with this. What's an ECU and where is it located? I've suspected the previous owner had fixed a PC. There's seems to be an on/off switch just snipped off at the side panel. Other than that I dun see anything unusual. I'll try to look whether there's a TRE fixed. Besides all these, what could be the problem? And by the way, the tip of the end can is way black as if it's burning a lot of petrol and the plugs seems to be the same too, when I took it off and fixed new ones.

rock.gif

HELP!!!
Is the ECU being bypassed?  Maybe a Power Commander or something?  70 miles per tank seems increadably low!  Something is wrong there.  I think you should be getting 250-280 kpg.
I'm kinda new with this. What's an ECU and where is it located? I've suspected the previous owner had fixed a PC. There's seems to be an on/off switch just snipped off at the side panel. Other than that I dun see anything unusual. I'll try to look whether there's a TRE fixed. Besides all these, what could be the problem? And by the way, the tip of the end can is way black as if it's burning a lot of petrol and the plugs seems to be the same too, when I took it off and fixed new ones.
NEO -
If there is a power commander it is probably under the hump and wired under the seat. the TRE you would see under the tank. The person to ask about this is Johnny Cheese. He is hailed as the tuning guru around here - if you can send him some pics and good explainination, he may be able to help you figure out what to look for.

Dang!

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "duplicate post"|1122611013 -->

Mine is horrible too but it has a power commander and only has about 650 miles anyways so I would think it would get better...............................

rock.gif

HELP!!!
NEO -
If there is a power commander it is probably under the hump and wired under the seat.  the TRE you would see under the tank.  The person to ask about this is Johnny Cheese.  He is hailed as the tuning guru around here - if you can send him some pics and good explainination, he may be able to help you figure out what to look for.
Alrite MC, I will post a pic soon and get Mr Johnny to reply. Thks for the info. BTW, I've checked it just now and there ain't no PC or TRE....I'm kinda worried if this problem persist. I'm going on a tour which there are petrol stations 200km apart...If this problem stays, I'm gonna be in deep trouble going there. BTW, I'm in Singpore and will be travelling up North to Malaysia and Thailand on my Busa.... Sheeesh!!!

Good luck and take lots of pics. I haven't been to Singapore or Thailand for a couple of years. Ride safe!

rock.gif

HELP!!!
Go back to the shop and check with the salesman

I have a canadian 2005 model (19 litres) and i found that depending on how i ride it, i usually put between 240 and 300 kms on a full tank, and that's using about 18 of the 19 litres.

130km is definitely not normal, even on a tank that i used almost mainly on very high speed runs i still did almost 200kms...

Welcome to the board. What year is your Busa?

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122646319 -->

I have a canadian 2005 model (19 litres) and i found that depending on how i ride it, i usually put between 240 and 300 kms on a full tank, and that's using about 18 of the 19 litres.

130km is definitely not normal, even on a tank that i used almost mainly on very high speed runs i still did almost 200kms...
The next time when I fill it up, I will take note how many litres it can fill. Thks.

best color neo.

is it stock gearing? the sprockets?

I have very bad mileage on mine since changing the gears.....
I get about 15mpg/24kpg....

rock.gif

best color neo.

is it stock gearing? the sprockets?

I have very bad mileage on mine since changing the gears.....
I get about 15mpg/24kpg....

rock.gif
Holy bat shat batman!!!! 15 mpg?

What sprockets do you run?

My bike gets around 38-40 now, 43 on my last roadtrip....and we were movin'.

I am seriously considering the 16/42 setup, but not at the expense of range..

I have the same color busa...
cool.gif
thats one cool color.

130Km for a tank is afuly low....!!! I come to sigapore regularly so I know the kind of traffic you have there. Typically you will get a lesser milage than what people get in the US... cause of the traffic, but then again 130 is very very low... something is fefinetly not right mate!!!

Have you taken it to a suzuki dealer... what have they gotta say to you
rock.gif

Back